Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:25 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

Originally Posted by sinbad23
I have looking on the website since 5am- when is there a link for registration or anything?
It isn't up yet which is odd since it is now already lunch time in France.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:36 am
Just Joined

moonpalace is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I have some simple questions which will (probably) have obvious answers:

1) I've been checking the UK IEC page for the application all day, and can't see a link so far. Should I be applying through the embassy page in France?

2) Where do I get the 'proof of funds form'? Or can I provide a bank statement? Does this have to be stamped?

Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Location: I currently live in Leeds, England but I am aiming to be in Canada next year
defiant_flower is an unknown quantity at this point

im really confused now i don't know what to do bunac is up and running, i have my acro police checks and the money in my account but i was hoping to go directly to the aic but it isnt up yet, its strange that everywhere else france, switzerland are open but the uk is not
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:15 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by defiant_flower
im really confused now i don't know what to do bunac is up and running, i have my acro police checks and the money in my account but i was hoping to go directly to the aic but it isnt up yet, its strange that everywhere else france, switzerland are open but the uk is not
The UK has the most popular and in-demand Work Canada program and puts massive strain on embassy resources which is why they originally hosted it through Bunac in the first place.

The same rule also applies to the UK Working Holiday Program for Japanese Citizens. It essentially fills up almost as soon as it is launched.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

skytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really nice

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
It essentially fills up almost as soon as it is launched.
Almost as soon as it is launched? My application won't get to France until about 12-14 days from now. Will that be too late?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:22 am
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by skytek
Almost as soon as it is launched? My application won't get to France until about 12-14 days from now. Will that be too late?
Not on Bunac, no because a place is reserved for you.

You pay the fee today and then you can pretty much send the paperwork through at your leisure within reason.

For Bunac last year, most people signed up in December-Early January but the deadline for the paperwork wasn't until the end of July.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

emma_h is an unknown quantity at this point

I think im just gonna have to pay the 250 quid to Bunac.... frustrating!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:26 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by emma_h
I think in some cases it can be worth it just to preserve your sanity.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

skytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really nice

Originally Posted by emma_h
That's what I did and now it seems my place is reserved
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:33 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by skytek
That's what I did and now it seems my place is reserved
I'm quite surprised in some ways that Bunac still have places left to be honest, I guess these things just don't fill up as quickly as expected in a lot of cases.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:52 pm
Sidecar Falcon

It is now open.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

It is now open.
really? where?

EDIT: Nevermind I see it!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 3:09 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Hang on.

I acknowledge that my dependent(s) (i.e. wife/husband, child/children) can NOT
accompany me to Canada under this program. My dependent(s) must submit a
separate application to enter Canada; for example, as an IEC participant, visitor,
student or worker.
Why does it say that when the rules state that when you can include a partner on the application?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on.

Why does it say that when the rules state that when you can include a partner on the application?
Just out of interest, on the application forms under additional info how did you set out your qualifications? My degree is easiest to fill in, but with A-levels and GCSEs I'm just putting in Course take as GCSE for example and then 10 A-C grades in the award section and what is meant by "affiliations"

Last edited by ChrisBan; Jan 20th 2011 at 7:31 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:35 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Just out of interest, on the application forms under additional info how did you set out your qualifications? My degree is easiest to fill in, but with A-levels and GCSEs I'm just putting in Course take as GCSE for example and then 10 A-C grades in the award section and what is meant by "affiliations"
I just summarised my GCSE's and A-Levels on there too like I do on my CV which is what I did on the form last year too and I had no problems then.

Affiliations only needs to be used if you have any professional qualifications or are a member of any governing bodies etc. I think most people would only need to complete that if they are either registered as a medical health worker or if they are professionally certified to practise IT, accountancy or some sort of trade. I put my IT certifications in there but if you haven't had to do any trade exams or anything then you could probably just leave it blank.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.