Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New Found Goodies In Canada!

New Found Goodies In Canada!

Old Jan 18th 2006, 5:35 pm
Loving my life..

DanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Found Goodies In Canada!

Originally Posted by babyblue
My daughter found fluff when she arrived in canada.(marshmallow spread,for those with dirty minds).
She tells me that they now sell it in the UK.

My son loves Jo louis!

I do miss jaffa cakes!

funny really becuase have you all noticed how we all seem to talk about food!
Are we obsessed with eatiing?

I need Dr Phil!

I must admit i am more comfortable riding a bike in canada. I now own one for this first time since secondary school. I have not fallen yet but i do have to ask for my teenage sons help with the gear thingy!
Well I ride my Bike all the time and wonder whether the weather will stop me for all the winter or as a crazy Brit I could try studded tires? i made some myself many years ago with wood screws and a lot of gaffer tape... they worked on the ice/snow but scared me to death on tarmac...lol If you have fallen yet you need to try harder.... I fall often.... usually on stairs... on huge drops... at high speed (40mph+ off road) and have learnt to roll and not SPLAT as I land... very useful...lol
Old Jan 18th 2006, 6:27 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
so we can all sample the delights of Canadian food such as Heinz beans in Maple syrup mmmmmmm.
Interesting use of the word "delight".

Others that could have been used in the same sentence are: vomit, projectile, bottom gas, bog and runny.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:04 pm
Loving my life..

DanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant future
Talking Re: New Found Goodies In Canada!

Why would you leave Rye?
Bexhill i could understand or even Hastings as they are both problematic. Bexhill was Gods waiting room and hasting! well need i say any more?

Ok where shall I start....

Well I'm single again...35 have no home...Can't even afford to buy the smallest of houses in Rye!! simple 2 bed terrace is over £95,000 so why move... I can't earn decent money as an Machinist(canadian version of an engineer)... Can't survive without a Car...so why move?... the crimes of the mass of bored teen.... an inaffective rural police force.... why move?
enough of the facts?...

Canada Ticks all my boxes and I know with HARD work and Dedication I can make a LIFE.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DanielH
Ok where shall I start....

Well I'm single again...35 have no home...Can't even afford to buy the smallest of houses in Rye!! simple 2 bed terrace is over £95,000 so why move... I can't earn decent money as an Machinist(canadian version of an engineer)... Can't survive without a Car...so why move?... the crimes of the mass of bored teen.... an inaffective rural police force.... why move?
enough of the facts?...

Canada Ticks all my boxes and I know with HARD work and Dedication I can make a LIFE.
OK! I am getting the picture now. I am pretty much in the same sittuation. I was a single mum(now 38) struggling in a housing association home and thought that this would be the promosed land.
Not quite the picture. I have excellent quals and it is no use to me at all right now. maybe in the near future.
i hope all goes well for you and life turns a better leaf for you.
just out of interest,where do you work at the mo? if you don't mind me asking.
take care and good luck
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:29 pm
Loving my life..

Smile Re: New Found Goodies In Canada!

OK! I am getting the picture now. I am pretty much in the same sittuation. I was a single mum(now 38) struggling in a housing association home and thought that this would be the promosed land.
Not quite the picture. I have excellent quals and it is no use to me at all right now. maybe in the near future.
i hope all goes well for you and life turns a better leaf for you.
just out of interest,where do you work at the mo? if you don't mind me asking.
take care and good luck
I do not work in engineering at the mo...I work and live at my uncles resturant... I cook for a living... is fun. (not like being an under paid over worked Machinist in this country)

Hope that the wind blows warm and kindly upon your back and your foutune changes.... BTW I listen to CBC radio One in Winnipeg online and have been asked to be on the show 'Up to Speed' show today about 4:30pm cst so I will have my voice in Winnipeg at least.