Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New Found Goodies In Canada!

New Found Goodies In Canada!

Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Found Goodies In Canada!

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
thats a plus for those of us moving to the kawarthas
oh yes!
be prepared to add a few pounds to your scales!
the first time you buy one only get a small becuase you get Candian sized small. huge!
it is scrumtiddlyyumscious!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:53 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyblue
I would nibble on Tims bits any day!
OK, thats put me off them now for good

How did this become the Timmys thread anyway. Canadas delivered so many non Timmys related good things for me, but Ive gone over them many times before, and frankly its been so long since I've been to the UK now that I dont think I can really compare the two places meaningfully anymore.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
I'm liking the sound of this place less and less (TH, not Canada). I've done the flavoured coffee thing before and it made me fat once. No point me moving to the land of fresh air and exercise if I'm struggling to breathe and unable to move .

I dislike flavored coffee and I do not care for capp.... or even latte. Give me a good cup of coffee with milk, no sugar and I'm happy as can be. I find this at TH's and I'm not Canadian but American. When my Canadian/US hubby and I go back to Canada to visit his family, the first stop is Timmy's for coffee and an Apple Fritter. I had Starbucks once and dumped the brew in the nearest garbage can. It was like hot melted shoe leather and I'm a big fan of expresso.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:06 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Quite agree about the stodge, but as for the sugar. Even baked beans are sweeter in Canada. Yuk!!!!!
OK! I've been wanting to say this for about 4 and a half years:

To most Canadians baked beans are considered 'kids food' .... they're on par with spaghetti-Os, chocolate milk and fruit loops. The only time any adult in Canada is ever seen eating baked beans is when they're camping because along with those individual serving, little boxes of junk cereal and pillowy bags marshmallows, they are also considered 'campfire food'. Normal, well-adjusted, civilised, tax-paying, gainfully employed Canadian adults do not eat baked beans. Thank you!

Ahhhh....
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
OK! I've been wanting to say this for about 4 and a half years:

To most Canadians baked beans are considered 'kids food' .... they're on par with spaghetti-Os, chocolate milk and fruit loops. The only time any adult in Canada is ever seen eating baked beans is when they're camping because along with those individual serving, little boxes of junk cereal and pillowy bags marshmallows, they are also considered 'campfire food'. Normal, well-adjusted, civilised, tax-paying, gainfully employed Canadian adults do not eat baked beans. Thank you!

Ahhhh....
Woohoo and amen!!

Although I must admit I still like the occasional chocolate milk...
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:16 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Normal, well-adjusted, civilised, tax-paying, gainfully employed Canadian adults
when did normal, well-adjusted and civilised ever get connected with Canadain adult...

all I ever meet is a bunch of disfunctional, passive aggresive's ?
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

ok guys lets simmer down a little here!

this thread was to help others see the goodness in canadian life and this has no place here. lets step outside and sort this out now!

have your little battle and go sit in a corner somewhere. No more fighting please. we are suppose to be civilized adults here!

lets continue the topic of good things in Canada!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:24 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Normal, well-adjusted, civilised, tax-paying, gainfully employed Canadian adults do not eat baked beans.
Now admittedly people who allow themselves to be caught within 50 km of Calgary during Stampede may not be normal, well adjusted, civilised, etc., but ....... But then again, perhaps there's a special diplomatic immunity, kind of like camping.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:24 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeUK
when did normal, well-adjusted and civilised ever get connected with Canadain adult...

all I ever meet is a bunch of disfunctional, passive aggresive's ?
Thank you so very much for your input Mike, I really appreciate it! Oh, and I really like your shirt.

(Anya, you distract him and I'll let the air out of his tires.)

Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:25 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyblue
we are suppose to be civilized adults here
I think we generaly assume that most on here are adults, of which a percentage are civilized!

Still Canada does have some good points...

Its a very big country, as such all the Albertans are a long way from Toronto
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:27 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Normal, well-adjusted, civilised, tax-paying, gainfully employed Canadian adults do not eat baked beans. Thank you!

Ahhhh....
Feel better now?

I happen to like beans on toast occasionally (however they must be Heinz).

However I've been accused of not being normal, well adjusted or civilized. I do pay taxes reluctantly, but am no longer gainfully employed.

However I still haven't decided what I want to do when and if I grow up.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by Hangman; Jan 17th 2006 at 8:38 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

I think we generaly assume that most on here are adults, of which a percentage are civilized!

OI! That's fightin' talk!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:32 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

...and most of us in Alberta are quite happy that we are.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:33 pm
Part Time Poster

Originally Posted by Calgal
OI! That's fightin' talk!
Originally Posted by Hangman
...and most of us in Alberta are quite happy that we are.
see.... the advantages of Canada.... we can't fight 'cos its too far

and if we try to meet in the middle we'd be exhausted and in Manitoba, and realize that Alberta and Ontario aren’t all that bad
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

this is starting to sound like the north east divide in England. LOL relax have a and enjoy Oh Canada our wonderful new home away from the chavs and the single mothers of 12.ahhhh lets all have a group hug, some smoothies from Timmys and il be mother and make some smores around the camp fire and lets never think of the bad place again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.