Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New Canadian Affair Discount Code for Summer 2014

New Canadian Affair Discount Code for Summer 2014

Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:25 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default New Canadian Affair Discount Code for Summer 2014

'Canada 2014' is a current discount code for summer 2014 flights with Canadian Affair and provides 10% discount.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 4:33 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Canadian Affair Discount Code for Summer 2014

Nice of you to share
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:36 pm
Account Closed

fran_d84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fares still SOOO expensive next year - eeek!
Old Oct 1st 2013, 3:28 am
Just Joined

Pompeygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Yikes!!! I am trying to book to go back for a month with my two girls (haven't been back since 2010!) and its ridiculous!! Even with crappy affair, its insane prices! $3500 for the three of us!
Old Oct 1st 2013, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

foreigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond repute

British Airways recently had a sale on (maybe still do). Flights between Vancouver and Heathrow were just a tiny bit more than with AirTransat (like 80pounds more on a return).
Old Oct 1st 2013, 6:07 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JB0591
'Canada 2014' is a current discount code for summer 2014 flights with Canadian Affair and provides 10% discount.
Is this code is only good on the UK-Canada-UK legs or can it be used booking Canada-UK-Canada?
Old Oct 1st 2013, 7:00 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by foreigngirl
British Airways recently had a sale on (maybe still do). Flights between Vancouver and Heathrow were just a tiny bit more than with AirTransat (like 80pounds more on a return).
we're going BA this xmas (and used them last summer)

as much as i hate shelling out $$$ for a family of 4 - the cost between the 2 -ie BA and transat seems to be less over the years

since our first flight 2006, have used Zoom,Thos Cook,Transat, globespan etc
- i feel since the competition has died out then it's no longer worth the hassle to fly with transat
(the end of Thos Cook planes were good i thought)
TV on BA is worth it for me, and keeping the kids busy too
- ditto having a decent UK airport to fly through , and being treated half decently

one new year return drove overnight from Aberdeen to Manchester (transat)
snowstorm on A74 - plane was chocker ; family like zombies
- thought never again,,,,
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

foreigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverquest

as much as i hate shelling out $$$ for a family of 4 - the cost between the 2 -ie BA and transat seems to be less over the years

- i feel since the competition has died out then it's no longer worth the hassle to fly with transat
- ditto having a decent UK airport to fly through , and being treated half decently

I actually flew with Lufthansa this time. Just a touch more expensive than AirTransat, but it was worth the money. It's always worth looking at other connections. Skyscanner is perfect for that.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverquest

Yes I agree with this, Air Transat prices have slowly crept up this year, compared to last couple of years, due to lack of budget competition, I remember two or three years ago you could get a return flight from UK with air transat for 288pounds!! dirt cheap! (still didn't tempt anyone over to visit me, doubt if anyone ever will now with these price increases)

Transat are not a lot cheaper than the flag carrying airlines such as BA Luftansa and Air Canada now....and as you say with these airlines you get more for your money, better service and a much better choice of flight times and dates. The next time I plan a visit to the UK it will be with Air Canada, they are significantly cheaper than BA, and not a lot more than Transat's new inflated prices.

Last edited by Paul_Shepherd; Oct 3rd 2013 at 8:42 pm. Reason: spelling!
Old Oct 4th 2013, 12:42 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd

Transat are not a lot cheaper than the flag carrying airlines such as BA Luftansa and Air Canada now....and as you say with these airlines you get more for your money, better service and a much better choice of flight times and dates. The next time I plan a visit to the UK it will be with Air Canada, they are significantly cheaper than BA, and not a lot more than Transat's new inflated prices.
The point is Air Canada are not significantly cheaper than BA..In fact i have often found flights where BA have been slightly cheaper than Air Canada and nearly as cheap as Air Transat!

I wont be flying Air Transat anymore as their prices are no longer attractive compared to regular carriers..prices seemed to have at least doubled if not tripled compared to this time last year.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 1:09 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
The point is Air Canada are not significantly cheaper than BA..In fact i have often found flights where BA have been slightly cheaper than Air Canada and nearly as cheap as Air Transat!

I wont be flying Air Transat anymore as their prices are no longer attractive compared to regular carriers..prices seemed to have at least doubled if not tripled compared to this time last year.

Agree the prices have gone through the roof since TC dropped out & even though AT is cattle class flying, on direct flights to middle England (Manchester, Birmingham etc) is where they are competitive & it seems the flights are always fully booked

To fly to those places via BA or AC its a two step flight, at least a 2-3 hour layover - the hanging around, handling baggage, spending money on refreshments, by the time your finished a whole day is wasted.

On arriving at Heathrow you can save money by taking the tube into the city then the train (booked 30 days in advance) to your final destination - its the time factor as well as the cost. The same hassle on the return leg.

I have flown Toronto to Philadelphia then direct to Manchester is another option that was price competitive with BA or AC. I'd rather the short haul at the beginning of my journey than the hassle at the UK end.

Then some folks say they fly Toronto to Iceland then to Manchester or Birmingham which is another dragged out journey & is not cheap

For certain destinations flying the regular carriers adds 4-5 hours over an AT flight

On a search this morning flying with a regular carrier YYZ - MAN 15/10/ - 22/10 (two step flight) the lowest cost fare $935 with Air France. Flight time 10:40mins

Flying AT on the same dates +/- a day the cost was also $935.

Which flight would you take?

Last edited by not2old; Oct 4th 2013 at 1:23 pm. Reason: added more
Old Oct 4th 2013, 2:28 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old

Which flight would you take?
I fly direct from Calgary to London..it is more convenient flying scheduled carries than AT as with BA for example fly to Heathrow and AT to Gatwick..Gatwick adds about 1 hr 30 minutes to my journey.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 2:44 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Yes I agree with this, Air Transat prices have slowly crept up this year, compared to last couple of years, due to lack of budget competition, I remember two or three years ago you could get a return flight from UK with air transat for 288pounds!! dirt cheap! (still didn't tempt anyone over to visit me, doubt if anyone ever will now with these price increases)

We just flew with Transat last week back to Vancouver from Gatwick and I thought they were very good. Brand new planes with loads of entertainment in the back of the seat tablet. Flight times were both day flights, which I prefer. Still, 1200 is so much more expensive than they used to be.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

To note - Air Canada Rouge have announced they will be serving Manchester next summer.

http://www.incentivetravel.co.uk/new...or-summer-2014

Perhaps this will see prices on AT go down a bit on this route. Perhaps not. Nevertheless, don't expect remarkable prices from AC Rouge (you can search flights already on the AC website).
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:44 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
We just flew with Transat last week back to Vancouver from Gatwick and I thought they were very good. Brand new planes with loads of entertainment in the back of the seat tablet. Flight times were both day flights, which I prefer. Still, 1200 is so much more expensive than they used to be.
Brand new planes with loads of entertainment = 1200

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.