Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New to British Expats been in NS nearly 2 years

New to British Expats been in NS nearly 2 years

Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:21 pm
j42
Forum Regular

j42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nice
Default Re: New to British Expats been in NS nearly 2 years

Hello Novagirl,sorry you have had a tough time,hope it's upwards and onwards from now on!
I am coming to NS with my family for the first time next Tuesday
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Hi Novagirl, just want say hello and so very glad to hear you are on the mend. I am on the south shore, close to Bridgewater.
Looking forward to hearing more about you, we really are such a friendly bunch in Nova Scotia.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold

Thanks J42. Hi Corky great to hear from you!

Not long til tuesday, i bet you are really excited, you are going to have a great time. The weather so far has been pretty good, no way near as many grey skies as the UK.

When we immigrated we flew with Canadian Affair, once on board we spent about a half hour period taking each child ( have 2 young kids )to the loo god knows how many times. OH told them that was it no more! On the last trip i noticed for the first time a lady to my left who my youngest was smiling at, then she opened up her bag & said " so your back again cutie, have another candy "

Thank you all for such a warm welcome, i was very unsure about participating for a number of reasons, mainly health really & i was unsure what if anything i could contribute. Your kind words & interest have ensured i will be around for a bit longer.

NovaGirl
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:51 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Novagirl!

Just to say that I'm sure you will be able to make some really valuable contributions to this site.

For me it has been invaluable being here in the UK and being able to see people views on NS and all it has to offer that are actually there!

Please stick around!!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

elaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really nice

Hi Novagirl
I'm fairly new to this site too, though like you I have been lurking for a while, plucking up the courage to post. I've been reading all I can on threads on Nova Scotia, as that's where myself, hubby and son would like to move to. We're looking in to the community identified stream, though whether that can work from Oz we've yet to find out.
Elaine
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome NovaGirl,

Glad you are now on the mend. I enjoy reading your comments as you offer a balanced and un biased view of life here in NS. Keep up the good work!

SAW 04

Originally Posted by NovaGirl
Hi ann m

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts, i was unsure what kind of reaction i would get being from the North Shore bearing in mind the contributions from 2 North Shore members.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:40 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

hi and welcome novagirlxxx
Old May 1st 2008, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by j42
Hello Novagirl,sorry you have had a tough time,hope it's upwards and onwards from now on!
I am coming to NS with my family for the first time next Tuesday
Would that be from LGW on 6 May with Canadian Affair by any chance?
If so and you see a very nervous flyer downing beta blockers before take off it'll be me!
Old May 1st 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NovaGirl

Thank you all for such a warm welcome, i was very unsure about participating for a number of reasons, mainly health really & i was unsure what if anything i could contribute. Your kind words & interest have ensured i will be around for a bit longer.

NovaGirl
Hi NovaGirl
You contribute to the forum each time you post, whether you're just chatting, commenting, sharing a view point or whatever. And I think you'll find that you've got a mountain of information to share that many of us will find interesting!
Old May 1st 2008, 5:42 pm
j42
Forum Regular

j42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nice

[QUOTE=lynpy;6291586]Would that be from LGW on 6 May with Canadian Affair by any chance?
If so and you see a very nervous flyer downing beta blockers before take off it'll be me![/QUOTEyes thats the flight we are onI will be the stressed mother with two children
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:56 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=j42;6294295]
Originally Posted by lynpy
Would that be from LGW on 6 May with Canadian Affair by any chance?
If so and you see a very nervous flyer downing beta blockers before take off it'll be me![/QUOTEyes thats the flight we are onI will be the stressed mother with two children
My mum is coming on that flight too so I will be at Halifax airport to pick her up

L I S A's brother is also on the same flight and she too will be at the airport
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:00 pm
j42
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Yes-can-do;6297701]
Originally Posted by j42

My mum is coming on that flight too so I will be at Halifax airport to pick her up

L I S A's brother is also on the same flight and she too will be at the airport
Excellent,be a few of us,can I ask how the weather is in NS,can't decide which coat to bring?
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=j42;6297725]
Originally Posted by Yes-can-do

Excellent,be a few of us,can I ask how the weather is in NS,can't decide which coat to bring?
This morning we woke up to fog, but it's raining now. Supposed to clear over the weekend and warm up to around 18 degs. You shouldn't need a heavy coat, raincoat would be more useful.
Always find this is the most accurate website for weather
http://text.weatheroffice.gc.ca/fore...y_e.html?ns-19
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:05 pm
j42
Forum Regular

Thanks so much
Old May 2nd 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=j42;6297725]
Originally Posted by Yes-can-do

I've been having the same dilema!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.