Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New to the Board...

New to the Board...

Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:40 pm
I don't put up with B.S.

Canadianized has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianized has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianized has a spectacular aura about
Smile New to the Board...

New to the Board...

Hi Y'all...

Just joined this board and not too sure what is all going on in here.

My name is Steve and I live here in Canada, but I was born in Bristol many, MANY years ago... lol

I know my way around Canada fairly well now, also the US and Mexico, so if I can help out in any way, just let me know.

I hope you will post a Hello note here and introduce yourselves...

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Steve
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:44 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to the Board...

Originally Posted by Canadianized
New to the Board...

Hi Y'all...

My name is Steve and I live here in Canada, but I was born in Bristol many, MANY years ago... lol

I know my way around Canada fairly well now, also the US and Mexico, so if I can help out in any way, just let me know.

Steve
Hello Steve,

I'm Emma currently living in the United Kingdom and I would like to move to NS, Canada just finding out all the info I need first. Going on holiday to Halifax to see friends and sights looking forward to October.

Emma
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

ralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant future

Hello steve. Welcome! Welcome! Many things go on here although I don't understand all of it myself. I'm not yet canadianized but will be starting canadianization on 3rd August when I move to Edmonton. Enjoy the forum, nice to have another all-knowing oracle to refer to in times of need.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:54 pm
I don't put up with B.S.

Canadianized has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianized has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianized has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush

Hello Steve,

I'm Emma currently living in the United Kingdom and I would like to move to NS, Canada just finding out all the info I need first. Going on holiday to Halifax to see friends and sights looking forward to October.

Emma
As fall begins to take hold Emma and the hint of winter is in the air as it fast approaches. The sea mist and fog on those early morning days as the air turns slightly cooler than the sea dissipate with the day’s sun. Those dreaded Nor'easter gales of November are in the back of your mind and you instinctively keep a sharp eye out for an early storm coming in off the Atlantic. The leaves have turned into a brilliant display of colors [colours] that litter the road-side parks. There is a spring in everyone’s step as they begin to make ready for winter whilst basking in the pleasant Indian Summer temps of the day.

Hope you enjoy your stay in the Canadian Maritimes this fall Emma and if you get a chance, take a side trip over to PEI, cross the Bay of Funday with the world largest tides to the island of Grand Manan through Black's Harbour and Dead Mans Cove, a drive up the Cabot trail to Cape Breton. Then try to hitch a ride on a fishing boat out to Sable Island and the Grand Banks for a few days.

Thanks for your welcome note.... Keep in touch.

Steve
Old Jun 18th 2006, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute

New to the Board...

Hi Y'all...

Steve
Welcome Steve,I too was born in Bristol (Redcliffe Hill) but lived in Cleeve until we emigrated to USA 34 years ago.We travel quite a lot and have been to BC and Alberta many times,also 38 of the States including Alaska and Hawaii,also Mexico.Brian.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Canadianized]As fall begins to take hold Emma and the hint of winter is in the air as it fast approaches. The sea mist and fog on those early morning days as the air turns slightly cooler than the sea dissipate with the day’s sun. Those dreaded Nor'easter gales of November are in the back of your mind and you instinctively keep a sharp eye out for an early storm coming in off the Atlantic. The leaves have turned into a brilliant display of colors [colours] that litter the road-side parks. There is a spring in everyone’s step as they begin to make ready for winter whilst basking in the pleasant Indian Summer temps of the day.

Geeesoo Steve do you write for the tourist books????
Perhaps a second job maybe.....!!! With that disscription....it makes me want to go...and I am here.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 1:32 am
I don't put up with B.S.

Originally Posted by Corky

Geeesoo Steve do you write for the tourist books????
Perhaps a second job maybe.....!!! With that disscription....it makes me want to go...and I am here.
Hey Corky...

Very funny... and NO I don't write professionally, but I did try to write a novel called Lost in Mexico, when I was actually lost in Mexico, as a matter of fact... lol It's on my computer someplace, as I kinda gave up on it for awhile... I'll get to it one of these days.

It's just that I have been to the Maritimes many a time and that is how I saw it there, at least during the fall, the time when Emma is planning to go. Plus I have been to all the places I suggested to her and many more. Even spent a looooooong coooooold winter in northern New Brunswick, on the shores of the Baie de Chaleur one year, [My ex wife’s stompin’ grounds...] but when the sun came back the following spring, along with them pesky little black flies... I packed up and headed west.

Where on the east coast are you Corky...? and thanks for your note.

Steve
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Hey Corky...

Very funny... and NO I don't write professionally, but I did try to write a novel called Lost in Mexico, when I was actually lost in Mexico, as a matter of fact... lol It's on my computer someplace, as I kinda gave up on it for awhile... I'll get to it one of these days.

It's just that I have been to the Maritimes many a time and that is how I saw it there, at least during the fall, the time when Emma is planning to go. Plus I have been to all the places I suggested to her and many more. Even spent a looooooong coooooold winter in northern New Brunswick, on the shores of the Baie de Chaleur one year, [My ex wife’s stompin’ grounds...] but when the sun came back the following spring, along with them pesky little black flies... I packed up and headed west.

Where on the east coast are you Corky...? and thanks for your note.

Steve
mmmmm..........!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:06 am
I don't put up with B.S.

Originally Posted by Arizona Wurzel

Welcome Steve,I too was born in Bristol (Redcliffe Hill) but lived in Cleeve until we emigrated to USA 34 years ago.We travel quite a lot and have been to BC and Alberta many times,also 38 of the States including Alaska and Hawaii,also Mexico.

Brian.
Brian... Hi

Thanks for your Welcome, feels good and thanks.

I was back in England a few years ago, just for a visit. It seems that there is always a little "tug" wanting to pull you back "home" [wherever that may be] If you know what I mean...

I think it was in 2002 or maybe 2003, not quite sure, anyways, I took one of those bargin basement flight out of Toronto to Manchester, met up with a friend, I had met on-line, and 3 hours later I was on another plane heading for the Greek island of Corfu. Seems to be a popular ‘Brit’ destination. Had a great time there. Then after two weeks, I flew back to Manchester, jumped on a train and headed to my birthplace, Bristol. It was a very odd experience for me as I had been away from England for such a long time and didn't really know what to expect. But it all became clear when leaving the train station and being inundated with groups of teens trying to take your money... Good thing I am a bit "travel wise" or I could have got myself into some real trouble... So, Bristol was not what I had envisioned... so the next morning I caught the first flight out of Bristol airport and headed over to Amsterdam, now that was more my style.

As for the U.S, I just returned to Canada from an 8 month trip down through there to Mexico, crossing over near McAllen Texas and Reynosa, Mexico to spend the winter in Mazatlan, La Paz and Cabo San Lucas. Had a great trip. I haven't been to Hawaii or Alaska, but I did do work for the Canadian Coast Guard up in the Canadian Artic for a spell. That was interesting.

Just a guess, but are you on the west coast Brian...? California or Oregon maybe...? And how do you travel around, do you use an RV or something similar...? Seems to be the best way to see so many states.

Anyways, I guess I have bored everyone to death by now, so I will just say, thanks again for your note and hope to hear from you again...

Steve
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:27 am
I don't put up with B.S.

Originally Posted by ralstne

Hello steve. Welcome! Welcome! Many things go on here although I don't understand all of it myself. I'm not yet canadianized but will be starting canadianization on 3rd August when I move to Edmonton. Enjoy the forum, nice to have another all-knowing oracle to refer to in times of need.
I would NOT say I was an 'Oracle' by any means, especially at my age... lol

...but I have had the good fortune to have traveled a fair bit. I have not spent much time in Edmonton, though it is considered the "Gateway-To-The-North" and I have past through there a few times. You almost always have to go through Edmonton on your way to or from the far north. It is a fairly clean robust city, with great friendly people and a good living environment, compared to the hustle and bustle of say Toronto or Montreal which are great places also, just depends on how fast or how relaxing you care to live. I have many friends that live in Edmonton and any town that can produce a quality team like the Oilers can’t be bad at all... lol

Good luck with your move and thanks for your Welcome...
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:42 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
mmmmm..........!
Indeed, that was my reaction too. I'm old enough to remember a certain poster who lifted an entire article from a tourism website and then took credit for himself. before getting banned. again.

But Im always a suspicious alloischous when it comes to new posters.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by iaink
Indeed, that was my reaction too. I'm old enough to remember a certain poster who lifted an entire article from a tourism website and then took credit for himself. before getting banned. again.

Yep, very suspicious. I think my buddy is back!

Hey mickj - Ive missed you buddy! Next time try to disguise yourself a bit better! You make yourself a very easy target!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:48 am
I don't put up with B.S.

Originally Posted by willmore

Yep, very suspicious. I think my buddy is back!

Hey mickj - Ive missed you buddy! Next time try to disguise yourself a bit better! You make yourself a very easy target!
Originally Posted by iaink

I don't know who you think I am, but you both play a very dangerous game to publicly, and falsely accuse someone of plagiarism, copyright infringement and identity deceit. THAT ALONE SHOULD GET BOTH YOU BOYS BANNED.

I'm sure a moderator can not only confirm my identity as NOT being the person you have falsely claimed and in addition, I would be willing to co-operate fully with any Moderator inquiry.

However... I do want to thank you clowns for being so friendly...

Next time I suggest you get your facts straight first...

Steve
From Niagara-on-the-Lake, CANADA
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:54 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

This could get innerestin'....
Old Jun 18th 2006, 7:14 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know who you think I am, but you both play a very dangerous game to publicly, and falsely accuse someone of plagiarism, copyright infringement and identity deceit. THAT ALONE SHOULD GET BOTH YOU BOYS BANNED.

I'm sure a moderator can not only confirm my identity as NOT being the person you have falsely claimed and in addition, I would be willing to co-operate fully with any Moderator inquiry.

However... I do want to thank you clowns for being so friendly...

Next time I suggest you get your facts straight first...

Steve
From Niagara-on-the-Lake, CANADA
Sorry, but I'm with Sue and Iain on this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.