New to this

Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Wee Hels has a spectacular aura aboutWee Hels has a spectacular aura aboutWee Hels has a spectacular aura about
Red face New to this

My family and I are only in the initial stages of our application. The first bits in and now it is the long old waiting game. I am now going through the "can I leave my family" stage and if we get to Canada, which bit. It's all new scary and exciting!!
Am I the only one with these feeling of being unsure or is this the usual thing?
Any tips for these early stages?
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of
Default Re: New to this

Originally Posted by Wee Hels
My family and I are only in the initial stages of our application. The first bits in and now it is the long old waiting game. I am now going through the "can I leave my family" stage and if we get to Canada, which bit. It's all new scary and exciting!!
Am I the only one with these feeling of being unsure or is this the usual thing?
hi, we too are in the stage of about to finish the app, then waiting for permit. I think its perfectly normal to go through feelings of being unsure, scared etc etc, i'm going through them myself, so i have to rationalise it!!
One minute i'm really excited, next minute i'm thinking we have a nice life here what are we doing! The family thing is huge, mine are all within 5 mins of me, so will be very hard! Focus on the reasons for going, i think once settled there will be no regrets! Good luck, where you going?
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

janeymay will become famous soon enoughjaneymay will become famous soon enough

Hi Wee Hels

I think your emotions are completely normal, we are going through the same at the moment, and i have the same feelings, excited one minute then aprehensive another minute, but know in my own head that it will be all worth it and dont think will have any regrets

Good luck and hope everything goes to plan

janeymay
Old Aug 7th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Completely normal. We went through a rollercoaster ride of emotions throughout our Skilled Worker application...excitement, fear, certainty, doubt, etc, etc. Having made it through to Alberta now and so far at least, all is well and it feels worth it, although we do still miss family and friends. As for coping, a few weeks after we put in our application, we tried to put the whole thing to the back of our minds as we knew it was going to be years until we heard anything further. We had varying degrees of success with that strategy...sometimes we would go weeks without giving it a thought and then something trivial would happen that would bring it all to the forefront of our minds again. Maybe it just goes with the territory. Try not to put your lives on hold too much (although you will find the submission of the application will seep into your decision making as you go along - eg: should I change jobs, should we buy this piece of furniture if we are going to Canada in due course, etc, etc). Hope it all goes well for you.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Wee Hels has a spectacular aura aboutWee Hels has a spectacular aura aboutWee Hels has a spectacular aura about

Good to know it's normal!! such a huge thing to decide to give this a go. Cheers for the post, reassuring.