Reload this Page >

Netflix series about Canada?

Netflix series about Canada?

Old Jul 5th 2018, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Danii_i is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Netflix series about Canada?

Hallo everyone
Would you be able to recommend any Netflix series/movies about Canada? Either documentaries or fiction?
Our story: applied for FWS back in 2015, soft landed in Toronto in May 2016, PR cards received, were planning to move to Canada sooner but have been blessed with a baby so postponed the decission to move.

Many thanks in advance
Old Jul 5th 2018, 4:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netflix series about Canada?

Do you want to be encouraged or discouraged? If the latter, then seek out Corner Gas and Little Mosque on the Prairie. If the former then Heartland.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

The film 'Good Cop Bon Cop' (the original, not '2'). Also of course you tube 'Mackenzie brothers'!!
Old Jul 5th 2018, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Trailer Park Boys. There's also the First Nations drama my girlfriend has been watching, but I forget what it's called. Black-something, I think.

Assuming they're available in the UK, of course.

Ice Pilots feels somewhat staged (and I'm sure it is, like all reality TV shows), but it gives an idea of how remote some parts of Canada are. Some of the people I know have to go to those places for work, and have interesting stories to tell.

Last edited by MarkG; Jul 5th 2018 at 5:56 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 5:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danii_i
Hallo everyone
Would you be able to recommend any Netflix series/movies about Canada? Either documentaries or fiction?
Our story: applied for FWS back in 2015, soft landed in Toronto in May 2016, PR cards received, were planning to move to Canada sooner but have been blessed with a baby so postponed the decission to move.

Many thanks in advance

Hello and welcome back!!

Do keep an eye on your timeline for retaining Permanent Residency.. you will need to return soon to meet the requirements.

To meet these residency obligations, you must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5-year period - day one starts on the day you 'land'... so you will need to return before April next year and remain to retain your PR status.

As Aviator just pointed out - you will also need to apply for PR for your child - you will need to wait for that though until such time as you are residing in Canada as you are PR's - (unless by chance one of you is a Canadian Citizen already, of course). You will have to enter with the child coming as a visitor (they will need an ETA, make sure you get one from Official site - link in the sticky post at the top of the Immi forum), get a visitor record for the child when you arrive and then apply for Permanent Residency for them once you are back in Canada.

Lots to think about and get organised I suspect!

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 5th 2018 at 9:04 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 5:56 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Without question of a doubt, watch Letterkenny on youtube, and if you can, the TV series.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 7:02 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Hello and welcome back!!

Do keep an eye on your timeline for retaining Permanent Residency.. you will need to return soon to meet the requirements.

To meet these residency obligations, you must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5-year period - day one starts on the day you 'land'... so you will need to return before April next year and remain to retain your PR status.

And would they not neet to apply for PR for the child?
Old Jul 5th 2018, 7:40 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet much enjoyed the documentary Being Canadian:

Being Canadian
Old Jul 5th 2018, 8:59 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
And would they not neet to apply for PR for the child?

Yes indeed they would.. I'll amend my post to reflect that. Thanks for the reminder!
Old Jul 5th 2018, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Do you want to be encouraged or discouraged? If the latter, then seek out Corner Gas and Little Mosque on the Prairie. If the former then Heartland.
LMotP would discourage? I mean, it's fairly 'gentle' humour in much the same way as My Family, but it paints a heartwarming view of rural Saskatchewan. A person moving based on it would probably find the reality of small town ice box quite a let down in comparison to the portrayal.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
The only show that is 'canadian' that I really like is "Intelligence" which is on Netflix at least on Netflix Canada.

Corner Gas is pretty brutal as is Little Mosque, Mr D, Kim's Convenience, Shitz Creek.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 10:51 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Friend out the name of the local tv station for the area you are moving to and look at their website. For instance Peterborough Ontario has Chex TV. When I went to get the link for you I see it's now part of shitty Global TV , so no link.

Old Jul 5th 2018, 10:51 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Find out the name of the local tv station for the area you are moving to and look at their website. For instance Peterborough Ontario has Chex TV. When I went to get the link for you I see it's now part of shitty Global TV , so no link.

Old Jul 6th 2018, 1:46 am
Banned

"Being Canadian" perhaps? It's on Netflix... but you can see a trailer here:
https://www.nfb.ca/film/being_canadian/
Old Jul 6th 2018, 1:52 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, the film that most captures the Canadian experience isn't even set in Canada, it's Fargo; the snow, the funny looking guy, the faux wood panelling everywhere, the pervasive sense of dampness. The interiors are like those in property listings for most of Ontario and all of Atlantic Canada (probably also the prairie Provinces but I never look at those).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.