Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Need sponsorship but how to get it????

Need sponsorship but how to get it????

Old Sep 4th 2012, 2:21 am
Just Joined

jobseeker1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Need sponsorship but how to get it????

Hi all!
I'm new to the forums and am looking for some inspiration on how to move forward in obtaining sponsorship. My partner, my 7 year old son and I are looking to move to Calgary if possible anytime after March next year. He is a qualified, security cleared electrician currently working as a contractor for the MOD. I am qualified in childcare but worked for the last 8 years as a support worker for people with learning disabilities.
The problem is that we have both sent CVs off to numerous employers and agencies explaining the situation and asking if they offer sponsorship but as yet we've had not 1 reply
Any ideas on which companies to approach or any other way of going about this would be much appreciated.
We've spoken to a company called global visas that have said we need to get sponsorship to move forward even if it's just one of us (not ideal I know) so now we just have to find it.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 2:40 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need sponsorship but how to get it????

It's all in the wiki...

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration
Old Sep 4th 2012, 2:44 am
Just Joined

I understand the routes and different types of visas but how do I get in touch with companies that offer the LMO??
Old Sep 4th 2012, 2:49 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jobseeker1984
I understand the routes and different types of visas but how do I get in touch with companies that offer the LMO??
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...uctions-Canada

Read, digest and cross your fingers. Oh, and use the search button.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 3:46 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jobseeker1984
Hi all!
I'm new to the forums and am looking for some inspiration on how to move forward in obtaining sponsorship. My partner, my 7 year old son and I are looking to move to Calgary if possible anytime after March next year. He is a qualified, security cleared electrician currently working as a contractor for the MOD. I am qualified in childcare but worked for the last 8 years as a support worker for people with learning disabilities.
The problem is that we have both sent CVs off to numerous employers and agencies explaining the situation and asking if they offer sponsorship but as yet we've had not 1 reply
Any ideas on which companies to approach or any other way of going about this would be much appreciated.
We've spoken to a company called global visas that have said we need to get sponsorship to move forward even if it's just one of us (not ideal I know) so now we just have to find it.
Your husband will need to become Red Seal Qualified or get equivalency in order to practice as an electrician in Alberta.

More details here: http://www.tradesecrets.gov.ab.ca/in...sp?ListVar=ALL

There is supposed to be a new class of immigration for tradespeople starting in January so your best bet is to wait until then and apply if you meet the requirements.

It is highly unlikely that you will find a company willing to offer sponsorship unless you are willing to go to an area that is in need of electricians.

You can see where there are shortages here: http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/LMI...Option=outlook

Edit: You could look into the Alberta PNP program if you can get a temporary work permit and a job: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...-criteria.aspx

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 4th 2012 at 3:50 am.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou that's very helpful