Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nanaimo - Vancouver Island Uni

Wikiposts

Nanaimo - Vancouver Island Uni

Old Apr 28th 2013, 9:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nanaimo - Vancouver Island Uni

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Here she is. (The yacht, not my niece ).

http://www.superyachttimes.com/edito...rticle/id/4312
Does he need a mistress? (The yacht's owner, not your neice.)
Old Apr 28th 2013, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Ernie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant future

Just had a quick look through the Vancouver Island MBA website and a couple of things jump out at me which aren't good at all!

No GMAT required
Not AACSB Accredited OR AMBA Accredited OR EQUIS Accredited
Work experience but not required

In my opinion the basic requirements of even the lowest ranked program would be a minimum GMAT of 550, any one of AACSB/AMBA/EQUIS and at least 2 years experience.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ernie_wise
Just had a quick look through the Vancouver Island MBA website and a couple of things jump out at me which aren't good at all!

No GMAT required
Not AACSB Accredited OR AMBA Accredited OR EQUIS Accredited
Work experience but not required

In my opinion the basic requirements of even the lowest ranked program would be a minimum GMAT of 550, any one of AACSB/AMBA/EQUIS and at least 2 years experience.
Thanks for the info. I'd never even heard of those accreditation bodies before. Intresting food for thought.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Ernie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
Thanks for the info. I'd never even heard of those accreditation bodies before. Intresting food for thought.
If you're serious on a reputable program in the Vancouver area look at Sauder which I'd say ranks in the top 5 of Canadian Business schools (it's also a bit more expensive than Vancouver Island) http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/mba/

If you're not choosy about the location the majority of the good schools are located in Ontario, and some are under the $35,000 price tag. There's a pretty comprehensive list here: http://list.canadianbusiness.com/ran...2=1&d1=a&sc1=0 I'd say that generally the average GMAT score is a crude indicator of reputation i.e. the best schools tend to recruit the people with the highest score.