Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

My Wife is Pregnant. What is the fastest way to get VISA?

My Wife is Pregnant. What is the fastest way to get VISA?

Old Aug 30th 2002, 8:44 am
Just Joined

nayhkilas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Wife is Pregnant and in another country. I am in Canada. WHAT TO DO?

Dear Immigration Consultants and other people with similar cases!!! I am in panic and need your advise. I am a Canadian permanent resident and my wife is from another country (Russia). We had a traditional wedding ceremony (both religious and government) this summer in Russia and currently I have almost all documents ready to submit my application for sponsorship, the only thing is left is police certifice which is on the way to me by mail. We were trying to avoid children so early, but God has blessed us and she is 1 month pregnant. I am the most happies man in the world, but I am in panic. If I aply for sponsorship for her she will be required to go for medical exams and to do X-RAY which is DANGEROUS for my child who was not borned yet. And I heard nobody can get VISA without X-RAY. Also I do want to be together with my wife as soon as possible to be close to her in such difficult time and I want to be close to my child from her or his first days. The processing may take too long and I don't know what to do. Any advices are appreciated? Should we apply for Minister's permit ( can I apply for it here) because we have special case which should be resolves as soon as possible? I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!! I LOVE HER SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!! AND MY BABY !!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone,
--Alex.

Last edited by nayhkilas; Aug 30th 2002 at 9:09 am.
Old Aug 30th 2002, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Future Canadian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Wife is Pregnant and in another country. I am in Canada. WHAT TO DO?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nayhkilas:
If I aply for sponsorship for her she will be required to go for medical exams and to do X-RAY which is DANGEROUS for my child who was not borned yet. And I heard nobody can get VISA without X-RAY.

The X-Ray is very dangerious in the first three months of the pregnancy, but after that, she can do an X-Ray and they would cover her belly with a special protection material, and she and the baby should be OK. I asked my doctor about this issue once and he told me this piece of info.

Ask some doctors in your area and see what opinions you can get.

Good luck!
Old Aug 30th 2002, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: My Wife is Pregnant and in another country. I am in Canada. WHAT TO DO?

Thanks for this information !!!
Old Aug 30th 2002, 5:23 pm
The Wizzard

Default Re: My Wife is Pregnant. What is the fastest way to get VISA?

there is another problem here which you have not thought about. You are only a
permanent resident of Canada and not a Citizen, so you cannot file for sponsorship
outside Canada. That means what you need to do is try and get yoru wife a visitor
visa to Canada and then apply from within Canada if you wish to remain with her
during the process. It is normally nigh on imposible to get a visitor visa if you are
married to a Canadian citizen/pr and cant conculsivly prove you are a genuine
visitor. you can try and send an application and pleade your case, they may be
understanding in such a situation as it would be cruel to force you to go back to
Canada and leave yoru pregnant wife alone for what could be 6-12 months while the
application is processed. As a PR you are supposed to also remain in Canada during
the process so theoreticaly you couldnt even visit her under such a situation. There
must be some way around it, like you mentioned with the ministers permit type of
temprary resident visa. I think it may be to yoru advantage to contact one o fthe
immigration professionals who posts here (Like Mr Miller) directly and see if there
is a legal way to solve this quickly rather than spending months chasing around
different things and causing yoruself more distress.

"nayhkilas" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for this information !!!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 30th 2002, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

No, you are woring both PR and Canadian citizens can sponsor under familiy class. Read the genaral guidelines on www.gc.ca So I do have right to file sponsorship outside Canada. Thanks for answer anyway.

Originally posted by The Wizzard:
there is another problem here which you have not thought about. You are only a
permanent resident of Canada and not a Citizen, so you cannot file for sponsorship
outside Canada. That means what you need to do is try and get yoru wife a visitor
visa to Canada and then apply from within Canada if you wish to remain with her
during the process. It is normally nigh on imposible to get a visitor visa if you are
married to a Canadian citizen/pr and cant conculsivly prove you are a genuine
visitor. you can try and send an application and pleade your case, they may be
understanding in such a situation as it would be cruel to force you to go back to
Canada and leave yoru pregnant wife alone for what could be 6-12 months while the
application is processed. As a PR you are supposed to also remain in Canada during
the process so theoreticaly you couldnt even visit her under such a situation. There
must be some way around it, like you mentioned with the ministers permit type of
temprary resident visa. I think it may be to yoru advantage to contact one o fthe
immigration professionals who posts here (Like Mr Miller) directly and see if there
is a legal way to solve this quickly rather than spending months chasing around
different things and causing yoruself more distress.

"nayhkilas" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for this information !!!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Old Aug 30th 2002, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

only canadian citizens who are abroad can, under very narrow set of circumstances sponsor while they are outside canada.. pr's must be in canada as residents of canada to sponsor anyone...

Originally posted by nayhkilas:
No, you are woring both PR and Canadian citizens can sponsor under familiy class. Read the genaral guidelines on www.gc.ca So I do have right to file sponsorship outside Canada. Thanks for answer anyway.

Old Aug 30th 2002, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

to make it clear. I am a PR living and residing in Canada. My wife is not in Canada and I wish to sponsor her and submit file. Here is the problem. I do want to be close to my wife during her pregnancy and when my baby will see the world, but I cannot. Yes I can go there, but I will lose my job in Canada and we probably won't be able to live here anymore. She cannot come because nobody will give her visitor visa knowing that husban is already in Canada. And processing can take much longer than pregnancy.

Originally posted by bighead:
only canadian citizens who are abroad can, under very narrow set of circumstances sponsor while they are outside canada.. pr's must be in canada as residents of canada to sponsor anyone...
Old Aug 30th 2002, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

unfortunately u dont really have too many options... you could try for a visitor's visa on humanitarian grounds while your sponsorship and pr app is in process, but thats about it..

major advantage of having your wife in canada for the birth will be that the baby would be a canadian citizen.. you may or may not be covered by health care for the duration of the pregnancy tho... depends on your situation... keep that in mind when you decide as giving birth without coverage can become quite expensive...

contact a professional.. you wont get the kind of advice you need on the usenet (for free anyways)...

Originally posted by nayhkilas:
to make it clear. I am a PR living and residing in Canada. My wife is not in Canada and I wish to sponsor her and submit file. Here is the problem. I do want to be close to my wife during her pregnancy and when my baby will see the world, but I cannot. Yes I can go there, but I will lose my job in Canada and we probably won't be able to live here anymore. She cannot come because nobody will give her visitor visa knowing that husban is already in Canada. And processing can take much longer than pregnancy.
Old Aug 30th 2002, 9:45 pm
MJA
Just Joined

MJA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bighead:
unfortunately u dont really have too many options... you could try for a visitor's visa on humanitarian grounds while your sponsorship and pr app is in process, but thats about it..

major advantage of having your wife in canada for the birth will be that the baby would be a canadian citizen.. you may or may not be covered by health care for the duration of the pregnancy tho... depends on your situation... keep that in mind when you decide as giving birth without coverage can become quite expensive...

contact a professional.. you wont get the kind of advice you need on the usenet (for free anyways)...
I agree - if you can manage it, you really need professional help on this. BUT, I also wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS