Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

My views about Canada.

My views about Canada.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

vetal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My views about Canada.

I landed in Vancouver last Saturday when it was raining. Had to wait to go through immigration for about 2 hours but no complaints about that. I left my home country India almost 6 years ago and was in US. Had I landed from India, I'd have found Canada to be the best place, but coming from US has its own demerits. These are just my observations......

1. Compared to US there is much more beurocracy in Canada. e.g I was told to take an appointment to open a chequing account and they wanted proof of address but would not accept the address I had provided to Immigration officers to send my PR card.
2. Canadians are OK if you dont give them SIN number everytime (So far, touch wood)
3. I come from Texas and Texan politeness is something you cant find anywhere. (I dont believe I'm saying this).
4. Customer service is unsurpassed in US. E.g. I stayed in Ramada in Burnaby and they have a note on their TV that says not to touch the pannel. They switch off the TV after breakfast (for which you have to hand them coupans) and expect you to see TV in your own room.
5. I found Canadians a little bit more friendly than Americans.

Feel free to flame me, these are just my opinions.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:23 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My views about Canada.

Originally Posted by vetal
I landed in Vancouver last Saturday when it was raining. Had to wait to go through immigration for about 2 hours but no complaints about that. I left my home country India almost 6 years ago and was in US. Had I landed from India, I'd have found Canada to be the best place, but coming from US has its own demerits. These are just my observations......

1. Compared to US there is much more beurocracy in Canada. e.g I was told to take an appointment to open a chequing account and they wanted proof of address but would not accept the address I had provided to Immigration officers to send my PR card.
2. Canadians are OK if you dont give them SIN number everytime (So far, touch wood)
3. I come from Texas and Texan politeness is something you cant find anywhere. (I dont believe I'm saying this).
4. Customer service is unsurpassed in US. E.g. I stayed in Ramada in Burnaby and they have a note on their TV that says not to touch the pannel. They switch off the TV after breakfast (for which you have to hand them coupans) and expect you to see TV in your own room.

You can get a bank account in Loblaw's without an appointment and without proof of address. You cannot, however, get your fender shot in Canada.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:30 pm
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Early days.

Have you got your SIN card yet or the letter saying that you have appied for one?
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

Ok, now try restating all your views in a somewhat comprehensible version of English.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Nope, but I should get it this wk.

Originally Posted by Iginla
Early days.

Have you got your SIN card yet or the letter saying that you have appied for one?
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute

hah, hah!! thats really great! i second that one! well done, prodigyking--i tried to sus out what the heck he was trying to say, too!!

Originally Posted by prodigyking
Ok, now try restating all your views in a somewhat comprehensible version of English.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Well, If you dont understand it, better read the next post or learn english taht I use.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:16 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

so, his english isn't brilliant, what gives you the right to belittle him? not everyone is perfect, although there are those who believe they are
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:24 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

These are just my observations......

1. Compared to US there is much more beurocracy in Canada.

What can I say. I am speechless...

More bureaucracy than in the US of A ??? :scared:

But surely this ain't possible?
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

You really are a racist pig aren't you? This from a man whose avatar shows a man wearing nailpolish and picking his nose!!!!

Still alive in Montreal are you? Thought you would have been in jail or dead by now with your attitude!!!! Why don't you go back to Albania - or perhaps they wouldn't allow poor pathetic excuses for human beings like you back into the country!!!!

Grow up and get a life.....we don't need the likes of you giving Canada a bad name!!!!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:33 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
You really are a racist pig aren't you? This from a man whose avatar shows a man wearing nailpolish and picking his nose!!!!
I have no problems with men wearing nailpolish, but I thought the picture shows him squeezing his pimples

Actually I wanted to tell the OP in my previous post that his English is perfectly comprehensible - but I got sidetracked...
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Still alive in Montreal are you? Thought you would have been in jail or dead by now with your attitude!!!! Why don't you go back to Albania - or perhaps they wouldn't allow poor pathetic excuses for human beings like you back into the country!!!!

Grow up and get a life.....we don't need the likes of you giving Canada a bad name!!!!
Do you know for a fact that the other poster came from Albania ?
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dbd33
Do you know for a fact that the other poster came from Albania ?

Yes, I do.......why? Would his racist attitude be acceptable if he did?

Last edited by willmore; Apr 6th 2005 at 7:39 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Yes, I do.......why?
I was amused by he use of "racist pig" and "go back to Albania" in the same post. If, of course, the other person actually is from Albania then it's not funny.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:42 pm
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, but I should get it this wk.
HAve you applied for it?

If not make it a No. 1 priority.

Ignore the forum fools. Your English is fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.