My meeting with immigration advisor

Wikiposts

My meeting with immigration advisor

Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Juliet C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My meeting with immigration advisor

Hi

I did my application myself but was guided by a work colleague who had previously worked for a immigration consultants for a few years (they charged approx £2000 if I remember rightly) which I was really grateful for as we were just on the points so we needed to ensure our application was spot on. I would also suggest seeing another couple of consultants to pick their brains............

Good luck!
Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have two eyes, and half a brain, you can fill in the forms yourself!
Heck if I can do it, anyone can!
Save your money....years back we went to a four corners seminar and it would have cost 3k for them to do ours.....and then the CIC fees on top of that!
Good luck!
x
Old Mar 30th 2012, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

clay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to all

Well thats me..lol.... I'm certain we would'nt be moving this July if it was'nt for our immigration team.. good luck with doing it yourself though....
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

I would not recommend a lawyer. I got ripped off.
Do it yourself, its a straight forward process. They prefer it.
I used a well respected lawyer. It was a waste of time, after I did my research after I learned I could have done it myself and had I done it I probably would have got PR by now.
I spoke to a person while I was having my taxes done in Calgary(I was there on a Work permit). She immigrated and told me the immigration officers do not like lawyers and tend to place files from lawyers to the bottom of the pile.
I did the second part of my application myself. For example I had problems in obtaining references from previous employers as they did not exist. But I used common sense. I asked former colleagues to write simple references and provided payslips and a detailed explanation. This was accepted.

Just read the paperwork, its very simple. Your paying lawyers to basically read for you.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
I would not recommend a lawyer. I got ripped off.
Do it yourself, its a straight forward process. They prefer it.
Who does? CIC certainly don't care either way.

I spoke to a person while I was having my taxes done in Calgary(I was there on a Work permit). She immigrated and told me the immigration officers do not like lawyers and tend to place files from lawyers to the bottom of the pile.
Not true.

For example I had problems in obtaining references from previous employers as they did not exist. But I used common sense. I asked former colleagues to write simple references and provided payslips and a detailed explanation. This was accepted.
This may have been accepted for your application (although how do you know if you haven't got PR yet?!), but it certainly wouldn't be for a FSW cat 1 application for instance - references for this type of application *must* outline the duties amongst other things so a simple ref won't suffice.

It's a shame that you feel you got ripped off (and if you paid for help with a TWP application i.e. completing a 2 or 3 page form, I don't blame you), but remember that each type of visa has different requirements and what worked for you may not be applicable for others.