Reload this Page >

My Hubby has got a question

Wikiposts

My Hubby has got a question

Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:10 am
millymolly

mandyrawlinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Hubby has got a question

Everyone wants to leave England but once they get to Canada they spend half their life posting messages on the ex-pats site.

We are not complaining and we are very, very grateful but he does have a point.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:12 am
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice
Default Re: My Hubby has got a question

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Everyone wants to leave England but once they get to Canada they spend half their life posting messages on the ex-pats site.

Sorry to be picky - but that is not a question!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:17 am
Banned

finallygotout will become famous soon enough

So your question is "why do these regular posters do it"? Don't know and don't really care.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Not everyone, Some are busy doing other stuff.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:19 am
Living It!

saund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant future

From one of those people not yet left England, I am grateful that ex-pats post to these sites so that they can offer help and advice to 'us' that need it!

Last edited by saund_cp; Nov 8th 2005 at 7:22 am.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:31 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally on the Immigration Forum I try to help others going through the same troubles we went through, trying to save them some hassles, time, money, mistakes, and also help by passing on advice, contacts, info, resources, etc.

Sharing experiences on the Canada Lifestyle forum is good too because people are going through different stages of settlement and adjustment, and a bit of empathy, understanding or help from someone on the same wavelength goes a long way. Peeps come on here to rnat, get advice, ask for support, share ideas etc and it's all relevent to life here in Canada.

At the end of the day I'm an expat now, and we're a 'certain kinda breed' I guess. We need our support network at certain times and for certain reasons, and a certain kind of [Brit] sense of humour helps too. An expat is an expat and this is a resource for expats - go figure.

Rich.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:14 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

I guess everyone has a different reason. I have several:

I miss e-client so have to have some-where to religously sign in and do something
I have been comming here for so long I dont know what else to do
I disappeared on here when I arrived in August until the cold weather. Now it is better to log on here at lunch than go out wandering around in the cold - same in the evening
I got so much good advise here I need to re-pay some
Its a great community and fun
I still have lots to learn - Like what are decent baked beans? what are Snow Otters etc

Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:15 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

It's also worth pointing out that the number of expats on here is insignificant compared to the number of expats in Canada. We are very few. And of those, a fair number spend their lives in front of a computer. I'm one. BE is just another window I usually have open and dip into when I get bored or feel like a change from work.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:25 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

I dont spend my life in front of the computer - I take a break a couple of times a day and Lunch time then when I go home I may work a little while - but yes BE is a window that is often open and I look in every so often between jobs to see what is happening. I also use a tabbed browser so when ever I open up the browser BE is one of the sites that is automatically opened.

Originally Posted by Souvenir
It's also worth pointing out that the number of expats on here is insignificant compared to the number of expats in Canada. We are very few. And of those, a fair number spend their lives in front of a computer. I'm one. BE is just another window I usually have open and dip into when I get bored or feel like a change from work.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:34 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Airseir
I dont spend my life in front of the computer - I take a break a couple of times a day and Lunch time then when I go home I may work a little while - but yes BE is a window that is often open and I look in every so often between jobs to see what is happening. I also use a tabbed browser so when ever I open up the browser BE is one of the sites that is automatically opened.
Plus, it's quite a pleasant place to hang out. People are generally nice to each other. Even to people that write "Its getting colder" instead of "It's getting colder".
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:39 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Errrm, just because you've landed doesn't mean you know everything there is to know about the country.

It's an ongoing learning curve. You learn things here you would have trouble picking up in everyday Canadian life.

On that note ... I must get those sausages finished!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:39 am
Banned

finallygotout will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Plus, it's quite a pleasant place to hang out. People are generally nice to each other. Even to people that write "Its getting colder" instead of "It's getting colder".

Going back to your previous post, that is quite a lot of posts since April 2005, compared to the other poster there that joined in 2003
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:04 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

What is his point?? he obviously does not read the title of the website. Look at the title BRITISH EXPATS .COM "Lifestyle and Culture"
It is from expats that are living in the country (ies) that can tell others about their new lifestyle and new cultures they encounter. Canada is made up of immigrants, and a huge number from British ancestors.
This site not only helps people find out about life in Canada from people who have left England and settled, it helps new expats ( I will be one soon) to find out about things such as health insurance, schools, jobs, where to get mortgages, or best areas to live. I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am to all "expats" who have given me help and advise. I have also made a few new friends.
Once you have spent two years going through this process, you just realise how much info has been received from this website.
I too am happy to help anyone I can who may be starting this process. I am caught in the middle owning a house in Canada, yet just about to get visas. So I see life at the moment from both sides still.
Once I have landed I will no doubt still be returning to the forum, whilst settling into my new life. Why? because I feel I owe a lot to the people here, and would very much like to think that the next lot of expats that want out from the "land of the whinging pomms", will be grateful of all the help they can get from people that have been through it. Just because you emigrate does not mean you hate being British, or hate England. it is about a lifestyle change, a chance to see things, life etc from a different perspective. yo udont forget where you came from, or forget memories. If you read enough posts, you will see that many people are still very proud of their heritage, still miss places people, especially family, and all the things you have had taken to granted, when you live half your life in one country.

Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:32 am
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

I just miss complaining to other Brits.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:15 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, my name is Judy and I am a member of British Expats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.