Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

My business propositions so far

My business propositions so far

Old Jul 16th 2012, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My business propositions so far

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Define reasonable prices
Have you ever checked their expiry dates?
Fortunately Ive been here that long that those cravings for all things British no longer play an important role in my day to day life in Canada. I can buy them or even have relatives mail them if I so wish but TBH after 24 years over here I dont miss them so have no need to bitch and whine about these things
Sure I would like cheaper auto insurance, a bank that doesnt charge this and that fee, the ability to fly cheaply for a weekend getaway, etc etc
but we also have other advantages by living here that UK residents find hard.
Im happy here others arent just like people are happy in the UK and others arent.
None of the British stuff I bought there were expired. Those that were close to expiry are usually 50% off.
50-60cents for an imported chocolate bar is reasonable to me
Old Jul 16th 2012, 4:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dotty P
Good point AY.....well it may be worth having a look. I looked at reviews for the seller and they seem to be okay, except the creams are actually sample size so a little misleading. I still think they'd be a cheaper way to go mind....

It must be lovely being a bloke....so easy....

Just looked at that ebay seller again.....apparently they are .34oz each and in total they come to 3oz, which looking at their conversion chart is under 100ml? I'm a maths putz so maybe I'm wrong but anyway....not the dream buy I'd hoped for. Siouxie, I still appreciate you helping me. Bit disappointed now though......**slopes away, shoulders drooped**
They are 'travel size' apparently.. and the standard 'jar' is 50ml, so they would work out cheaper. Sorry that it wasn't suitable.. perhaps you need to get someone in the UK to post you some - they are still on offer at Boots 2 for £12. (Boots USA online store don't appear to stock it, unfortunately, though you may find it 'in store').

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 16th 2012 at 4:29 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 4:44 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Siouxie...appreciate your input. Didn't know the US had a Boots!! YIP YIP!! May just try to persuade OH to take a trip over for such items. Be an adventure anyway!
Old Jul 16th 2012, 4:50 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgagitw
Canada is a large enough market that if there was an obvious killing to be made, I'm fairly sure one of the large international insurance firms would have done it by now.
Unionised state run monopolies are not know for their efficiency.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Can some of you ladies who have been in Canada or North America recommend an alternative to Nivea Q10 for her before she goes off on a shopping rampage.
Im sure there is something that works for North American women as there is a larger female population than in the UK. What goop do you put on your boat race to keep that skin so soft and young looking and to fend off those pesky wrinkles and crows feet. We men need to understand.
There must be something out there as on my last trips to either a Shoppers or Rexall store including Walmart it appears there are aisles dedicated to this type of product.
We have approx 2 shelves dedicated to mens cosmetics and we seem to get by just purchasing a 3 in 1 shampoo, shaving gel, toothpaste and Eu de Toilette (optional) to meet our needs.
Is it true you have approx 300 toiletry and cosmetic items in your vanity and we men would be pushed to name 6 of them.
Is sending me out to buy you a face cream and coming back from the Dollar Store with some grounds for manslaughter?
Is the delicate skin of a young British maiden that different to a Canadian lass?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 7:50 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Siouxie...appreciate your input. Didn't know the US had a Boots!! YIP YIP!! May just try to persuade OH to take a trip over for such items. Be an adventure anyway!
Have you tried Walmart? They have Nivea Visage (NOT Q10) light moisturising day cream F15 for $7.77 and Nivea Visage anti-wrinkle cream for $11. 37 - might be worth looking at.

Old Jul 16th 2012, 7:58 pm

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

I completely understand how baffled you must be. I would be if I were a bloke. I've tried many creams and lotions but to be honest, I don't believe all the marketing hype (I used to work for a company who supplied raw materials to the cosmetics and toiletries industry) so trust me, I know. When you find a cream or lotion that doesn't bring you out in hives, spots or dry blotches, you just stick with it. I have REALLY sensitive skin and I just know that Nivea works. It's not too greasy, not too dry. It's just right (sounds like a line from Goldilocks). If I wanted to get rid of wrinkles I've have a facelift because that's all that's going to work on them....and trust me, I'd NEVER have a facelift. Wrinkles schminkles...who cares about them. I just don't want to itch like crazy.

Other ladies may be more high maintenance.

It's those marketing types that try to sell the 'you will look 10 years younger in a week with this cream, that lotion' and unfortunately, a fair few of us are sucked in. I don't see the cosmetics industry ever going down the pan!

Like I said to Auld Yin, it's much more simple being a bloke...just grow a beard to hide the wrinkles!
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by siouxie
Have you tried Walmart? They have Nivea Visage (NOT Q10) light moisturising day cream F15 for $7.77 and Nivea Visage anti-wrinkle cream for $11. 37 - might be worth looking at.

Oooo thanks again Siouxie, you're such a star. Haven't ventured into Walmart as yet but since we arrived here with just a couple of suitcases and not much more to follow, I think we'll be visiting very soon! Thanks again for the tip, much appreciated!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice

Oooo thanks again Siouxie, you're such a star. Haven't ventured into Walmart as yet but since we arrived here with just a couple of suitcases and not much more to follow, I think we'll be visiting very soon! Thanks again for the tip, much appreciated!
As much as I am with Former L in having no real idea why all this is needed, I was dragged around several hundred (it seemed at the time) supermarkets looking for the same product when I was in Calgary and Red Deer in March. We found it at a huge supermarket in Red Deer. No idea what the name of it is and for some stupid reason when I go to Google Maps it doesn't come up with the name although you can clearly see the huge building with car park on the satellite image!! It is at the corner of 51st Street and Ross Street just south east of Taylor Bridge in Red Deer. If someone can find the name of the store I believe it is a chain and so you could try there? Sorry I'm no more help than that!!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 10:31 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rick b
As much as I am with Former L in having no real idea why all this is needed, I was dragged around several hundred (it seemed at the time) supermarkets looking for the same product when I was in Calgary and Red Deer in March. We found it at a huge supermarket in Red Deer. No idea what the name of it is and for some stupid reason when I go to Google Maps it doesn't come up with the name although you can clearly see the huge building with car park on the satellite image!! It is at the corner of 51st Street and Ross Street just south east of Taylor Bridge in Red Deer. If someone can find the name of the store I believe it is a chain and so you could try there? Sorry I'm no more help than that!!
A little google street viewing shows a Real Canadian Superstore just near that intersection. It is a brand name of Loblaws out west I believe.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice

Originally Posted by JonboyE
A little google street viewing shows a Real Canadian Superstore just near that intersection. It is a brand name of Loblaws out west I believe.
Ahhhh, very clever sir. Yes that sounds about right. Just got an image of it on google from the name and it's correct. Thanks!! Learn something new every day!!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 11:56 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Can some of you ladies who have been in Canada or North America recommend an alternative to Nivea Q10 for her before she goes off on a shopping rampage.
Im sure there is something that works for North American women as there is a larger female population than in the UK. What goop do you put on your boat race to keep that skin so soft and young looking and to fend off those pesky wrinkles and crows feet. We men need to understand.
There must be something out there as on my last trips to either a Shoppers or Rexall store including Walmart it appears there are aisles dedicated to this type of product.
We have approx 2 shelves dedicated to mens cosmetics and we seem to get by just purchasing a 3 in 1 shampoo, shaving gel, toothpaste and Eu de Toilette (optional) to meet our needs.
Is it true you have approx 300 toiletry and cosmetic items in your vanity and we men would be pushed to name 6 of them.
Is sending me out to buy you a face cream and coming back from the Dollar Store with some grounds for manslaughter?
Is the delicate skin of a young British maiden that different to a Canadian lass?
Good old UK Boots stuff, sold in Shopper's Drug Mart in Ontario, or a dash to Target in the USA.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 3:18 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rick b
That will be Superstore then! Or also know as Stupidstore. I hate that shop!
Old Jul 18th 2012, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

englishbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Nivea Visage Anti-Wrinkle Q10 plus Day Cream 50 ml on amazon £7.72 and they do international shipping x
Old Jul 18th 2012, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
That will be Superstore then! Or also know as Stupidstore. I hate that shop!
Could you share why? I really like going to Superstore (the Ontario ones), they have better deals most of the time and prices are generally cheaper than at Loblaws.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.