Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

music ..what are you listening to at the moment ??

Wikiposts

music ..what are you listening to at the moment ??

Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:55 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: music ..what are you listening to at the moment ??

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I'm so old, never heard of half the things you hip young dudes are listening to on this thread
I know that feeling - if Wogan plays it, I've heard of it

So in addition to the Zutons (OK I haven't actually heard Wogan play them), KT Tunstall and Katie Melua albums, I'm currently happily revisiting my collection of Midnight Oil, Dire Straits and Pink Floyd - and feeling very, very old.

If my family see this I just know I am going to end up with a Val Doonican vinyl in my stocking come the 25th
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:06 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acer rose
So in addition to the Zutons (OK I haven't actually heard Wogan play them), KT Tunstall and Katie Melua albums, I'm currently happily revisiting my collection of Midnight Oil, Dire Straits and Pink Floyd - and feeling very, very old.
Older than "Obscured by Clouds" era Floyd ?????There's old, and then there's old.

Rich
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really nice

Fox FM in Vancouver aint bad, within a 45 minute spell I heard,
Nirvana
Ramones
RATM
Audioslave
The Clash
RHCP
Only once contaminated by Nicklebackesque dirge. Not bad for N.America.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

Coldplay
James Blunt
Stereophonics
Greenday
Damien Rice
Old Dec 13th 2005, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Lifehouse - Spin
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:47 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Commmercial radio in Canada is exactly that and it's crap. I don't know anyone in Canada that actually listens to commercial radio when they want to listen to music.

Fear not! http://www.gumbopages.com/other-radio.html - basically find your local university/college/community station - something that I find non-existant in the UK so perhaps it's not something that many Brits know exists in North America (?).

I personally recommend CFUV 101.09 FM (104.3 on cable) if you're in and around Victoria or http://cfuv.uvic.ca/ for web broadcast. Huge and fantastic variety: http://cfuv.uvic.ca/Program%20Schedu...gschedDec7.pdf. And if you're really keen, you can volunteer at most of these stations - and you don't have to be a stoodent; my ex's dad hosted a weekly jazz show for many years and loved it.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:27 pm
millymolly

mandyrawlinson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louisbourg
lets all have a break !!!

getting a bit heavy i feel , maybe just the time of year
but thats fine ...................

ok i love music
had to stock up i must admit on returnig from canada

ok
top 5 albums for me at the moment ....................

will young
westlife
james blunt
sting
and
sean paul

ok whats yours

sharon xx
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

pr WILL arive ...........A LOT OF US ON HERE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT

god bless
uhhh
green day, old and new.
joe strummer, god bless him, he is god.
dreadzone.
my 2 year olds fairy tails
my 2 year olds, blink 182, sum 41, ash.(theme music for bbc kids shows, she loves em all)
bit of ska, old and new.

just the usual realy.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 11:30 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by acer rose
If my family see this I just know I am going to end up with a Val Doonican vinyl in my stocking come the 25th
It happens. A couple of years back the MIL gave us a CD of Nana Mouskouri.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 11:58 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir

LOL
Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:24 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Older than "Obscured by Clouds" era Floyd ?????There's old, and then there's old.

Rich
On trips to England I've been plundering my parent's garage where my brother and I left several thousand records. I pass the records on to my itinerant daughter who, despite not really living anywhere, has quite the collection. I started by bringing the classics, Never Mind the Bollocks, Oh Bondage - Up Yours!, Lust for Life, All Mod Cons and so on. In one bundle I accidentally included a copy of Umma Gumma. The next trip was a sad one, as requested I sorted out and brought such dross as Wishbone Ash, Roy Harper, Yes and Jethro Tull as well as the rest of the pre-Dark Side of the Moon Floyd. Talk about coals to Newcastle, that's the playlist for this local station : http://www.q107.com/

An aspect of commercial radio in Canada that hasn't been mentioned is that, between the records, the commentators make political comments. Generally comments in the manner of Rush Limbaugh. Derringer on Q107 and the morning people on Z103.5 are very far to the right of the public in general, though presumably not to the right of the station owners. I turn the radio off as often because I disagree with the politics as I do because I dislike the records or the adverts. The grandfatherly whining of the cancon band Simple Plan gets the boot on both counts, please God, make them die soon.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Usually only listen to music when driving either to

Oldies 960 AM at http://www.oldies960.com/home/index.cfm

or

FLY FM at

http://www.flyfmkingston.com/

No time for modern stuff like rap etc.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:46 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I got dragged to a Nana Mouskouri concert when I was 14 What's worse is that I enjoyed it! :scared: :scared: :scared:

She does have an amazing voice but I do not, I repeat I DO NOT currently own a Nana Mouskouri album, cassette, 8-track, CD, mp3 track, etc...

Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:52 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I got dragged to a Nana Mouskouri concert when I was 14 What's worse is that I enjoyed it! :scared: :scared: :scared:

She does have an amazing voice but I do not, I repeat I DO NOT currently own a Nana Mouskouri album, cassette, 8-track, CD, mp3 track, etc...

Currently? You mean you have in the past? Or are you dropping Christmas present hints? My Nana CD is still in the cellophane. You have it if you want.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:01 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I got dragged to a Nana Mouskouri concert when I was 14 What's worse is that I enjoyed it!
I am shocked that you even admit to this. BTW what are your prowling for!? I hope it is not for a Nana Mouskouri record or even worst some other nanna!.. :scared:
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:39 am
talking Ter Sami

Originally Posted by Rich_007

Rich

Eeek, no. Strictly concept albums, and after the fact (though my favourite Quo stuff is the psychedelic years ). They just don't seem to be trendy amongst today's students though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.