Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

music ..what are you listening to at the moment ??

Wikiposts

music ..what are you listening to at the moment ??

Old Dec 12th 2005, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Location: SHEFFIELD uk can't wait to move in our house in Louisbourg N.S as soon as possible
louisbourg will become famous soon enough
Default music ..what are you listening to at the moment ??

lets all have a break !!!

getting a bit heavy i feel , maybe just the time of year
but thats fine ...................

ok i love music
had to stock up i must admit on returnig from canada

ok
top 5 albums for me at the moment ....................

will young
westlife
james blunt
sting
and
sean paul

ok whats yours

sharon xx
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

pr WILL arive ...........A LOT OF US ON HERE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT

god bless

Last edited by louisbourg; Dec 12th 2005 at 11:39 am.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:11 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: music ..what are you listening to at the moment ??

this came out in time for last Xmas - and is excellent - kd lang's cover cd of Canadian songs "Across the 49th Parallel"

I highly recommend it

Clare
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:41 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louisbourg

ok i love music

ok

will young
westlife
james blunt
sting
and
sean paul

ok whats yours

sharon xx
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

god bless
I have to say that I find the music over here quite, err... trying, just about the only thing I really miss from the UK, I always find myself rummaging through the "alternative" section in the record stores. My five are...

The Killers - Hot Fuss
Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
Green Day - American Idiot
RHCP - By The Way
REM - Around the Sun

Has anyone found a decent radio station in Nova Scotia?

Mark
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:44 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ziggy8080
Has anyone found a decent radio station in Nova Scotia?
Best of luck. Apart from local news, strictly internet radio for me in BC

Rich
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:20 pm
Dismember

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Best of luck. Apart from local news, strictly internet radio for me in BC

Rich
For me too, the Roku has helped no end with that!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute

The Undertones - Hard Luck

The Specials - Enjoy Yourself

Buzzcocks - What Do I Get?

The Ejected - Eastend Kids

The Strike - Anthem
Old Dec 12th 2005, 7:44 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

At this very moment I'm listening to Augustus Pablo (Jah Dread)

Current deserted island (a piece of real estate which I would sell my soul for at the moment) top 5 albums:

Beck - Mellow Gold
Etta James - Come a Little Closer
Nirvana - Nevermind
Roy Orbison - Greatest Hits
PJ Harvey - Rid of Me
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:05 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Jack Johnson at the mo, I must be getting old! Music for bed wetters etc
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Was hopping away to some Northern Soul in the kitchen the other day but apart from that been listening to lots of Americana recently, especially:

Richmond Fontaine - Winnemucca
Drive-By Truckers - Decoration Day (I can't believe nobody's heard of this band!)
Chris Stamey - Travels In The South
Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska

Apart from them, my MP3 player, which is constantly on random, seems to have developed a taste for Marillion (Fish era of course) and goes through stints of playing about 3 Marillion songs in the course of half an hour - usually on my drive to/from work.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:13 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Just charged my iPod up for the flight over to London, Ontario and what I will probably listen to going over ....

AirSculpture and Redshift ( electronic Berlin School like Tangerine Dream )
Yes
Dishwalla ( fabulous California band check them out )
Rush ( to get me into something Canadian )
Coldplay
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:25 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by louisbourg

ok i love music

ok

will young
westlife
james blunt
sting
and
sean paul

ok whats yours

sharon xx
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

god bless
Have to say the new Will Young album is constanly on my ipod at the mo, but have just loaded a load of sad xmas tunes on there so is sure to be demoted v soon
Old Dec 12th 2005, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

I have been listening lots to the new Jack Johnson CD (enjoying it so much I bought his previous two). After hearing the annoying Scott Mills the other day play one of the Barenaked Ladies songs I bought the greatest hits album (because I remembered how good they were in concert). I have also just bought the HardFi album which seems good. The Killers is played a lot in our house. I must say however that one of my favourites since the summer is KT Tunstall.

Difficult to decide which 5 albums I would take onto my desert island but at the moment I would take the following
Texas - White on Blonde (one of my all time favourites)
Jamie Cullum- Twentysomething
Basement Jaxx- Greatest Hits
Avril Lavigne first album
Lauren Hill- The miseducation of lauren hill
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

helcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond repute

Coldplay - Rush of Blood to the Head
Robbie Williams latest album
James Blunt
Nirvana - Bleach

So what is Canadian radio like? Must start listening online .. Any suggestions for Pop/Rock music? But definately not country for us!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:08 am
Dismember

Originally Posted by helcol
James Blunt
Nirvana - Bleach

So what is Canadian radio like? Must start listening online .. Any suggestions for Pop/Rock music? But definately not country for us!
Not that I run my new home down very often, but I think the radio here is terrible, very middle of the road, I take iPod/CDs everywhere with me. At home I stream Virgin, BBC 6Music and an internet station called radio Wazee. On the other hand, all the music I like from England is very cheap over here - when I can find it!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

Originally Posted by helcol
James Blunt
Nirvana - Bleach

"Listening online" is a must if you live here IMHO. I've never enjoyed radio (BBC and Virgin) so much since moving here.

It can't be too long before we'll be able to get BBC TV on the net too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.