Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Mr. Miller...can you please answer my question.

Mr. Miller...can you please answer my question.

Old Apr 29th 2002, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Future Canadian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr. Miller...can you please answer my question.

We (me and my wife) did the medical exams April 2001, interview waived, we had new baby 1/30/2002, back ground check result 2/6/2002, I called to ask for medical exam form for the new baby. They said we sent a question to Ottowa to see if we can extend your medical exam results, and based on the answer we will send the forms for all of you or just for your baby. I received only the baby medical forms April 2002.

- Does that mean they did extend the medical exam results for me and my wife?

- If they did, for how long they would extend it in such case?

- Shouldn't they send us a letter about the medical results extension ?

Thanks
Old Apr 30th 2002, 1:30 am
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Mr. Miller...can you please answer my question.

It seems that your medicals may have been extended, although they may still change
their mind. If extended then it is unknown for how long. And there is no need for the
letter telling you that your medicals are extended - you'll see the expiration date
it in your landing papers.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Future Canadian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > We (me and my wife) did the medical exams April 2001, interview waived, we had new
    > baby 1/30/2002, back ground check result 2/6/2002, I called to ask for medical
    > exam form for the new baby. They said we sent a question to Ottowa to see if we
    > can extend your medical exam results, and based on the answer we will send the
    > forms for all of you or just for your baby. I received only the baby medical forms
    > April 2002.
    >
    > - Does that mean they did extend the medical exam results for me and my wife?
    >
    > - If they did, for how long they would extend it in such case?
    >
    > - Shouldn't they send us a letter about the medical results extension ?
    >
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 18th 2002, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

Today, I have recieved a letter from CIC buffalo, and surprisingly they have not extended our medical exam, they haven't even send a request to Ottowa asking for extention.
The representative that answered my call (before they close the calling center) told me that they DID send a request to Ottowa for extention, and if they are going to send my daughter's medicals form only then it means they have extended our medicals...
But as it appears in my first post, they have send me only my daughter's medicals, and now they are sending me to ask if I resided in any place outside the US or Canada in the last year so that they will ask for extention from Ottowa...
It is really strange and confusing..it is really clear that the representatives who answered the phone at the calling center were misleading...and cann't depend on what they say.

Now my question is:
Can I go directly to the doctor and undergo the medical exam (for me and my wife) without waiting for their forms, in order to speed up the process??I asked the doctor's office they said that they have all the needed forms and I can do that..but I am not sure.

Sorry for my long e-mail and thanks for your advise.
Old May 18th 2002, 7:20 pm
Jim Humphries

Just answer their question. If you had resided in another country then the risk might
be different. Jim Humphries

Future Canadian wrote:
    >
    > Today, I have recieved a letter from CIC buffalo, and surprisingly they have not
    > extended our medical exam, they haven't even send a request to Ottowa asking for
    > extention. The representative that answered my call (before they close the calling
    > center) told me that they DID send a request to Ottowa for extention, and if they
    > are going to send my daughter's medicals form only then it means they have extended
    > our medicals... But as it appears in my first post, they have send me only my
    > daughter's medicals, and now they are sending me to ask if I resided in any place
    > outside the US or Canada in the last year so that they will ask for extention from
    > Ottowa... It is really strange and confusing..it is really clear that the
    > representatives who answered the phone at the calling center were misleading...and
    > cann't depend on what they say.
    >
    > Now my question is: Can I go directly to the doctor and undergo the medical exam
    > (for me and my wife) without waiting for their forms, in order to speed up the
    > process??I asked the doctor's office they said that they have all the needed forms
    > and I can do that..but I am not sure.
    >
    > Sorry for my long e-mail and thanks for your advise.
    >
    > --

Old May 19th 2002, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Jim Humphries,
What do you mean "the risk might be different"??

What is making me worried is that they send me the letter as a reply to my question about whether they had extended our medicals or not..so it is a hand-written reply, which made me worried, cause I was thinking that they should send me an official typed letter about all the extension's procedures.

Now I am so confused, what should I send them to confirm that I have resided in the US all this time??it is not clear...
I am willing to do the medicals again, I don't want to go through the extension loop again...

I don't know what to do in order to avoid any unnecessary delay.

I appreciate any advise.
thanks in advance.
Old May 19th 2002, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Please read my last two postings and please advise what should I do.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.
Old May 19th 2002, 11:20 pm
Andrew Miller

Jim already answered your main question earlier.

As for doing medicals without being requested and without official forms with your
file number printed on them is not recommended.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Future Canadian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Please read my last two postings and please advise what should I do.
    >
    > Thanks for taking the time to help me.
    >
    >
    >
    > --