Reload this Page >

to Mr. Miller again

to Mr. Miller again

Old Mar 20th 2002, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Vlad D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default to Mr. Miller again

Hello, Mr. Miller
Sorry for referring you directly, but your professional answers are so valid no wonder the one would seek for such an answer.

I'am landing soon in April. I still need to return to finish a lot of arrangements. Like selling the appartment and other goods, quitting the job and getting the retirement compensation... I'am just trying to collect as much money as possible. I definitely will be ready withing 182 days. Even so, I inderstand there is a possibility I will be asked to prove that my intention was not to abandon Canada (wich is definitely not).

1. What evidence should I present? Any evidence of selling the apartment, quitting the job ... anything else?

2. Supposing the new regulations will be implemented on June 28h, will my absence be counted occording to the new regulations? Taking into acount that I will reenter Canada before 183 rule expires and yet after the new rules implementation.

Thank you very much for your time.

Last edited by Vlad D; Mar 20th 2002 at 7:32 am.
Old Mar 20th 2002, 5:35 pm
Andrew Miller

Default Re: to Mr. Miller again

1. It all depends where from are you landing and where you will be returning to. But
you should be OK if you get back to Canada well before 183 days lapse.

2. All absences prior to the implementation of new law are and will be subject to the
old rules. New rules will apply only to periods of absences occurring after new
law is implemented.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Vlad D" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello, Mr. Miller Sorry for referring you directly, but your professional answers
    > are so valid no wonder the one would seek for such an answer.
    >
    > I'am landing soon in April. I still need to return to finish a lot of arrangements.
    > Like selling the appartment and other goods, quitting the job and getting the
    > retirement compensation... I'am just trying to collect as much money as possible. I
    > definitely will be ready withing 182 days. Even so, I inderstand there is a
    > possibility I will be asked to prove that my intention was not to abandon Canada
    > (wich is definitely not).
    >
    > 1. What evidence should I present? Any evidence of selling the apartment, quitting
    > the job ... anything else?
    >
    > 2. Supposing the new regulations will be implemented on June 28h, will my absence
    > be counted occording to the new regulations? Taking into acount that I will
    > reenter Canada before 183 rule expires and yet after the new rules
    > implementation.
    >
    > Thank you very much for your time.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com