mozzie phobia

Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future
Default mozzie phobia

hi, in my previous posts, i have complained about the mozzie problem here in saskatchewan..ive never seen anything like it..step outside and your eaten alive...anyway one of the reasons for moving here so my kids can play outside and i dont have to worry about them being abducted or going missing etc...i feel so upset that my kids cant have that freedom because of the mozzies we have been seriously considering moving to a mozzie free province can anyone tell me of the provinces that dont seem to have this issue..thanks all
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:54 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mozzie phobia

In the main, it's too dry here for mozzies. Only ever seen them around damp, marshy areas and on the river bank.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

in the main???..explain please..i am more often than not having blonde moments just lately lol
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:58 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Don't seem to get them here in Vancouver. You can also play outside all year round here.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:18 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
in the main???..explain please..i am more often than not having blonde moments just lately lol
Stay away from damp, marshy areas and the river bank, and you won't come across them here.

I owned 32 acres and the only place I ever saw them was in the hayfield I irrigated. The landscape and arid climate here means they're scarce.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:39 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Funny time of year for a post on mozzies .....?

Though I expect you are thinking ahead?
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:44 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Most parts of Canada have them to some degree, all you need is a neighbour with a pond, a damp marshy area, near a river or lake and they are in abundance. West Nile virus is now the concern with mosquitoes in Canada.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I only seem to notice the little buggers for about three weeks at end of June/beginning of July - just after all the June rain. After that, we're generally OK - or that's my experience anyway.

The repellants work well
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:16 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

hi, in my previous posts, i have complained about the mozzie problem here in saskatchewan..ive never seen anything like it..step outside and your eaten alive...anyway one of the reasons for moving here so my kids can play outside and i dont have to worry about them being abducted or going missing etc...i feel so upset that my kids cant have that freedom because of the mozzies we have been seriously considering moving to a mozzie free province can anyone tell me of the provinces that dont seem to have this issue..thanks all
I played out in a street just north of London, UK, with my 2 year old and 8 year old nephews the other day. Thank goodness we weren't abducted. Didn't get bitten by a mozzie either but i'm thinking we were just lucky.

Try taking garlic tablets or washing in vinegar. My father-in-law lives in the boonies of Vancouver and wears a bee keepers costume all year round and he's not been bitten yet. Had problems with bears a number of times though........
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on the amount of snowfall over the winter and the spring rain. Low snowfall, dry spring = very few mozzies. But the reverse and it was no fun, I noticed in Edmonton in past years they seem to be on the decline for the most part due to the dry conditions there for the past 6 years or so and the city uses larvacide every spring to kill them before they reach the adult stage.

But mozzies are just part of summer in most areas of Canada. I've never heard of anyone being prevented from living their lives because of it.

Ha...I have memories of visiting my relatives in cottage country in rural Quebec back in the 80s and they were burning those mozzie coils in my bedroom (you know, the ones you use outside!) because they were so thick in the cottage.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

About 4 years ago I heard of a small electronic device called a MOZIBAN....google it....you can buy them online for around £10 each here in UK and they work by emitting a noise which emulates the sound of the male mosquito. It is only the females who need the blood feed in order to reproduce....and they don't come near if a male is about. It has worked for me and my family very well in Windsor Ontario....where the mozzies are nasty.

Also try to stay in around early evening and dusk. They do not like the hot sun....but as the heat goes out of the day....look out.

I have to point out that I used to get bitten a lot....they seem to like my blood...and I always react badly......so I personally swear by Mozibans. This is my experience....for what it is worth
Good luck
Stef

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Move near to me. Mozzies find me irrisistable so when I am in the garden they will be swarming round me and leave you alone.
Off-topic - we seem to get a lot of wasps too...
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:55 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Windsor Ontario....where the mozzies are nasty.
Believe it or not, Windsor is actually pretty reasonable by Mozzie standards elsewhere in Canada (excluding out west) - stay in the sun and there's none, foolish enough to venture into a shaded area though and you'll be feasted upon! I got some really nasty reactions to some bites - twice my legs swelled up like an elephant! Certainly puts me off other areas of Canada where the Mozzies are so thick you can breath them in
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

I could say, "Suck it up....."

Kids develop resistance to mozzies faster than adults.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 3:59 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snave
Off-topic - we seem to get a lot of wasps too...

What sort of wasps do you get? We seem to get about half a dozen different types, from the normal annoying ones, to massive crazy black ones that look evil :-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.