Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving to Windsor, Ontario.

Moving to Windsor, Ontario.

Old Oct 12th 2010, 1:02 am
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving to Windsor, Ontario.

Originally Posted by G77
Not to mention shopping in Detroit is much cheaper, milk for $2 a gallon, eggs $1.50 a dozen etc etc. Plus petrol is $2.70 a gallon too Also there's many things you can get in Detroit that you simply cannot buy in Canada.
Oh yes shopping in the D lets see last week alone I bought from home depot in Detroit a $169 drill that cost $249 in Home Depot over here... several sheets of drywall $6.99 over in the D compared to just under $10 over here and lets not forget the mail drops you can setup enabling you to use Amazon.com instead of .ca plus many other US based delivery websites

Windsor=The best of both worlds
Old Oct 12th 2010, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

The Davenports is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it quite easy to drive over the boarder, because we will still have a UK passport (although we will have PR cards) do we have to pay each time. I have one of the ESTAs that is still valid till 2011.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 6:11 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Davenports
Is it quite easy to drive over the boarder, because we will still have a UK passport (although we will have PR cards) do we have to pay each time. I have one of the ESTAs that is still valid till 2011.
Yes, it's quite easy, if you can get the boarder to lie still and not complain under the Tenants Protection Act.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 1:03 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Davenports
$6 each every 90 days for an I94-W and then $4 each way for the bridge/tunnel. ESTA only replaces the I94-W if you've used it to arrive by air within the last 90 days - otherwise it has no value on a land border.