Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving To Wiinnipeg

Moving To Wiinnipeg

Old Mar 21st 2014, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dryden - in the bit of Ontario that everyone forgets about.
rob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of lightrob28 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moving To Wiinnipeg

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
Downtown and along Main Street is a nightmare after dark!
I'm sure the same could be said of most big cities if you end up in a 'wrong' area. Would you care to elaborate on your bad experiences?

I've not had any issues so far after leaving hockey games or events and walking back to the hotel. I also really like Winnipeg as it feels like a big town to us rather than a big city - pretty easy to get around and nice for a weekend away.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
Downtown and along Main Street is a nightmare after dark!
Yeah,I was told when I 1st moved there not to visit bars along Main St.I just stay in my old area St.James and Westwood.The problem with the downtown area about Main St. is they have located the homeless centres ,the Salvation Army etc. there and most of these homeless people have social problems.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rob28
I'm sure the same could be said of most big cities if you end up in a 'wrong' area. Would you care to elaborate on your bad experiences?

I've not had any issues so far after leaving hockey games or events and walking back to the hotel. I also really like Winnipeg as it feels like a big town to us rather than a big city - pretty easy to get around and nice for a weekend away.
If one could get money for taking Used Needles back to the redemption centre/can/bottle banks...you would make a fortune!
When walking along these area's sidewalks you have to wear CSA Approved Safety Boots, so the Needles do not get into one's foot!