British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Moving to Toronto (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/moving-toronto-574821/)

Lindita Jan 4th 2009 8:21 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 
Toronto!

Novocastrian Jan 4th 2009 8:23 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 

Originally Posted by Lindita (Post 7126082)
Toronto!

It's a big place.

Lindita Jan 4th 2009 8:28 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 
sorry..Is north of Toronto, Steeles and Dufferin or Bathurst if I am correct...:)

Novocastrian Jan 4th 2009 8:36 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 

Originally Posted by Lindita (Post 7126099)
sorry..Is north of Toronto, Steeles and Dufferin or Bathurst if I am correct...:)

Thanks. Easily commutable from Richmond Hill (or Vaughan). I only asked because a couple of other Brits have come to RH but worked downtown. They didn't last very long. :)

tinytears Jan 4th 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 

Originally Posted by Lindita (Post 7126099)
sorry..Is north of Toronto, Steeles and Dufferin or Bathurst if I am correct...:)

That is the area we have our sights set on. I dare say I'll be spending a lot of time in Vaughn Mills ;)

Good luck with your move.

Novocastrian Jan 4th 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 

Originally Posted by tinytears (Post 7126137)
That is the area we have our sights set on. I dare say I'll be spending a lot of time in Vaughn Mills ;)

Absolutely awful place.

tinytears Jan 4th 2009 8:45 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 7126141)
Absolutely awful place.

Yeh we hated it when we went on our reccy!!

DaveLovesDee Jan 4th 2009 8:47 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 
We were in Vaughan Mills back in October. Lots of Burberry-wearing teenagers in there, and not a mall I'd go back to soon.

Novocastrian Jan 4th 2009 8:47 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 

Originally Posted by tinytears (Post 7126148)
Yeh we hated it when we went on our reccy!!

You spent your reccy in a Mall? Whatever next.

tinytears Jan 4th 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 7126160)
You spent your reccy in a Mall? Whatever next.

Tut don't you know anything? Of course THE most important part of a reccy is to check out the local shops, what on earth else is there to do?

Oh the schools, houses and neighbourhood seemed ok too ...

tinytears Jan 4th 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 

Originally Posted by CaptainHook (Post 7126158)
We were in Vaughan Mills back in October. Lots of Burberry-wearing teenagers in there, and not a mall I'd go back to soon.

There were a few ... although wasn't Burberry a few years back, don't tell my your chav's are out of fashion?

Novocastrian Jan 4th 2009 9:00 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 

Originally Posted by tinytears (Post 7126174)
Tut don't you know anything? Of course THE most important part of a reccy is to check out the local shops, what on earth else is there to do?

Oh the schools, houses and neighbourhood seemed ok too ...

There isn't a single local shop in Vaughan Mills.

I suggest you consider Gateshead. http://www.metrocentre.uk.com/ You don't even need a visa.

tinytears Jan 4th 2009 9:03 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 7126188)
There isn't a single local shop in Vaughan Mills.

I suggest you consider Gateshead. http://www.metrocentre.uk.com/ You don't even need a visa.

OK thank you for your helpful comments again, you are such a hoot!

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maria_747 Jan 9th 2009 5:51 pm

Re: Moving to Toronto
 
NYE seemed quite sombre then in Torornto.

Anyone in the phramceutical industry in Toronto ?

I am looking into that area career wise


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:36 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.