Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving to Nova Scotia

Moving to Nova Scotia

Old Apr 27th 2014, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

DHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the rough
Default Moving to Nova Scotia

Hi everyone,
We are moving to Sackville area in Nova Scotia and would love to hear from any Brits in the area for info on things there.
Cheers Deb
Old Apr 28th 2014, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by DHammond
Hi everyone,
We are moving to Sackville area in Nova Scotia and would love to hear from any Brits in the area for info on things there.
Cheers Deb
Hello... I'm about 20 minutes away from Sackville. There are lots of Brits around, at times I think too many! haha
When are you moving here? Are you coming with a family?
Old Apr 28th 2014, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

DHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the rough

Hi DandNHill,
Thanks for your reply, we will be arriving in May or June not got a firm date yet. Hubby is already there working so we need to get out there as soon as we can.
We are a family of 4 with 2 boys (18 and 21) we are in Ontario at the moment but really looking forward to moving there.
Nice to know there are a few Brits around!

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Hello... I'm about 20 minutes away from Sackville. There are lots of Brits around, at times I think too many! haha
When are you moving here? Are you coming with a family?
Old Apr 28th 2014, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Hi DandNHill,
Thanks for your reply, we will be arriving in May or June not got a firm date yet. Hubby is already there working so we need to get out there as soon as we can.
We are a family of 4 with 2 boys (18 and 21) we are in Ontario at the moment but really looking forward to moving there.
Do you know of the Facebook pages? https://www.facebook.com/groups/185209748193973/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/besofnovascotia/

Let us know when you are around, maybe we can meet? I have 4 boys. 22, 20, 15 and 9
Old Apr 28th 2014, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the FB links I will look into them.
I would love to meet up when we get there!
Look forward to it, thanks Deb

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Do you know of the Facebook pages? https://www.facebook.com/groups/185209748193973/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/besofnovascotia/

Let us know when you are around, maybe we can meet? I have 4 boys. 22, 20, 15 and 9
Old Apr 28th 2014, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the FB links I will look into them.
I would love to meet up when we get there!
Look forward to it, thanks Deb
You're welcome
Old Apr 28th 2014, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Sack-Vegas!!
Old Apr 30th 2014, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by allycat231
Welcome to Sack-Vegas!!
Hmmm...Sackville, Schmackville. I lived there (off First Lake Drive) for a year and the immediate area was nice enough but, ye gods! Sackville Drive from Beaverbank on down to Cobequid is a wasteland.

Downsview Plaza? <shudder> Even Walmart got out to Bedford Commons.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

cazza bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi DandNHill,
Hello, we live in Lower sackville and live in a nice sub division here, there is lots and lots of brits here, but we are planning on moving to Ontario !! where are you and why are you leaving to come to NS ?
Old Apr 30th 2014, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cazza bee
Hello, we live in Lower sackville and live in a nice sub division here, there is lots and lots of brits here, but we are planning on moving to Ontario !! where are you and why are you leaving to come to NS ?
We are looking at moving to Ontario as well, just to expensive here!!
Old Apr 30th 2014, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Hi Ally Cat, I agree it is and there is not much to do really but the ocean and the beaches are beautiful. My issue is my career there isnt the same choice here ,

any idea where, i was hoping for Burlington but the house prices are crazy compared to Ns may have to look at smaller communities but easy to commune: to
Old Apr 30th 2014, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Hi DandNHill,
Old Apr 30th 2014, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

The job I want pays over $2000 a month more, probably go anywhere in Ontario depending on job. Though house prices in London are similar to Halifax.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 8:44 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cazza bee
Hi Ally Cat, I agree it is and there is not much to do really but the ocean and the beaches are beautiful. My issue is my career there isnt the same choice here ,

any idea where, i was hoping for Burlington but the house prices are crazy compared to Ns may have to look at smaller communities but easy to commune: to
Look at Hamilton, much cheaper than Burlington and there is a direct bus/train to Toronto. The Toronto Express bus (it's really a coach) takes 45-60 minutes (depending on time of day) and runs every half hour.

Old Apr 30th 2014, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,
Everyone's situation is different and we have been lucky enough to live in Vancouver, Ontario and now moving to Nova Scotia.
We arrived in Canada in 2006.
We loved Vancouver but found the house prices to be insane and figured we would not be able to afford to buy a nice house there. We then moved to Burlington Ontario as this is where we also had some family.
We have been in Burlington for about 6 years and we do love Burlington and we do own a town house here but the house prices again are pretty high and the highways are crazy to drive on (l wont drive on them).
We had decided to sell up this year and move further out to have more space outside and get the semi rural setting we dreamed of before coming to Canada.
Then my husband was offered a job transfer (to Nova Scotia) with the company he works for and double pay!!!!
We had always got by in Burlington but found we never had a lot of money left over for holidays ect.
So we checked Nova Scotia out and we really liked it, it felt a bit like BC but with out the mountain's.
So with this move and the money we made on our town house we can pay off all our debts and still put a big deposit on a house in Nova Scotia.
The house we have put an offer on is twice the size of our town house in Burlington and 100 thousand dollars cheaper!!!!
Where ever we have lived we have made the most of and know that where ever you live there are going to be good things and bad things about the place but at the end of the day we love living in Canada and could not every imagine going back to the UK.
So for us l know we will be ok as life is what you make of it and we will have a dream house in a beautiful Province in a fantastic country and l think we are very lucky to be here!
Like l say everybody's situation is different but for us we are looking forward to our move and looking forward to meeting new friends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.