Reload this Page >

Moving to Moncton from the UK

Moving to Moncton from the UK

Old Jul 4th 2021, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Flamehorse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Moncton from the UK

Hi all,

I am new to the site and first wanted to say how helpful everyone is. I have been reading threads and it is so nice to see all the support you give.

My wife and I are currently waiting to hear if our visa applications have been accepted. We started the whole process 6 months ago but had to wait for the LMIA to be accepted first.

While we have been waiting I have been trying to find out everything they don’t tell you about moving.

Firstly container shipping cost have increased by over 100%. Finding a property to rent is very hard and rental prices are sooo exspensive. Costs have increased so much in the past 6 months. Trying to find something furnished seems impossible.

The thread about driver licences and documents to get from the DVLA is going to be a life saver. There is so much of actual practical things that no-one tells you about and is very hard to find.

Anyway I was wondering if there is anyone here in Moncton that can give me advice on any realtors that can help with accommodation?

It would be so much easier if I could just go out before and set stuff up but with this whole COVID restrictions makes it all so much harder.

Anyway any advice people can give would be appreciated.
Old Jul 4th 2021, 2:53 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Moncton from the UK

Hello and welcome to BE!

Hopefully BristolUK will pop along with some info for you Furnished properties are usually for executive or short term lets (think AirBnB), and expensive - most rental properties aren't furnished apart from a fridge, stove, perhaps a washing machine and dryer (if it's a house). https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Renting-Canada

In the meantime, do take a look at the Wiki for lots of useful info for the move over (check out the 'to do' lists)... things like you should start to create the 'goods to follow' list for when you move over.. get a copy of your Drivers Extract, etc., if you are considering staying with a view for PR and perhaps buying a property, take note of the section on 'mortgages' and the evidence required for a 'newcomer mortgage'
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Categ...gistics-Canada

Are you coming with a view to staying and obtaining Permanent Residency?
Old Jul 5th 2021, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Flamehorse is an unknown quantity at this point

We should be coming through on a PR from the start. We are doing it through the company my wife will be working at.

Originally it was going to be done via the Atlantic immigration pilot program but it was closed due to COVID when we started this whole thing. The LMIA was recently approved and now we are waiting to start doing the work visa and residency side of things.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 1:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flamehorse
Anyway I was wondering if there is anyone here in Moncton that can give me advice on any realtors that can help with accommodation?
Originally Posted by Siouxie

Furnished properties are usually for executive or short term lets (think AirBnB), and expensive - most rental properties aren't furnished apart from a fridge, stove, perhaps a washing machine and dryer (if it's a house).

Killam is the main rental property company in these parts
Furnished Suites
Here's another but looking at those nightly rates you might as well be in a hotel.

Kijiji is pretty good for general rentals and you may find the occasional furnished place advertised
Old Jul 6th 2021, 7:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flamehorse
We should be coming through on a PR from the start. We are doing it through the company my wife will be working at.

Originally it was going to be done via the Atlantic immigration pilot program but it was closed due to COVID when we started this whole thing. The LMIA was recently approved and now we are waiting to start doing the work visa and residency side of things.
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program hasn't been closed, although possibly you wouldn't have been allowed in at a certain point in time due to Covid restrctions... is the company 'Designated' - would it still be an option?

In fact... according to RCIC website
Due to its success, the government has committed to making this pilot a permanent program.

It will continue to be a flagship regional economic immigration program, complementing the provincial nominee programs in each Atlantic province.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ion-pilot.html