Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving companies for across Canada move, advice please

Moving companies for across Canada move, advice please

Old Mar 28th 2014, 12:02 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving companies for across Canada move, advice please

Hi there

We are moving in the summer from NS to Alberta, can anyone recommend and reputable companies from NS for moving please?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Bertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving companies for across Canada move, advice please

Im sorry I dont have an answer for you but as Im planning to do the same move as you Bellanova I thought I would hang around and see what people come up with. :-)
Old Mar 28th 2014, 8:34 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bertie41
Im sorry I dont have an answer for you but as Im planning to do the same move as you Bellanova I thought I would hang around and see what people come up with. :-)
Sure, stick around
Old Mar 28th 2014, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

lookingtogo is an unknown quantity at this point

MI group
Amj campbell
Tippets
Excess baggage
Brytor

Etc
Old Mar 28th 2014, 9:56 pm
Nova Scotia

[QUOTE=lookingtogo;11195153]MI group
Amj campbell
Tippets
Excess baggage
Brytor

Etc[/QUOTE

Have you used any of them? I can find lots on the Google machine, but I have heard a few bad things about a couple of them, I was looking for first hand knowledge from anyone that had used them.

Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2014, 9:57 pm
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

Check the listings for movers on your local Better Business Bureau website and select from the best rated there.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 10:01 pm
Nova Scotia

Thats great, but people that have used these companies can provide a better idea.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 10:04 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The OP may want to use one of the links below to find a reputable company - or do a forum search, as there are many threads on removal companies. You could also do a google search for 'reviews' of any companies you are considering, to see if they have a good reputation.

It's always better to use one that is a member of one of the moving associations as you have some come-back should you have any problems.

http://www.mover.net/ - the Canadian Association of Movers.
https://online.iamovers.org/iamssa/i...kup.query_page International Association of Movers.

or any of the associations listed here: http://www.brytor.ca/memberships.php

Edited to say, I found a thread that might be of use to you:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=825129

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 28th 2014 at 10:15 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 10:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...moving+company

I found a few links - I'll look for more for you.

Would it be worth contacting the OP's and finding out how they got on with the companies?

You might want to look at the reviews on this website too: http://www.topmoving.ca/moving-reviews.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 28th 2014 at 11:15 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 1:06 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Premier Van lines. Well at least I can vouch for the one in Regina, I know the owners
Old Mar 29th 2014, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

When you have moved and started work, when you file your taxes for the year you started your new work in AB, do not forget to claim moving expenses (GOOGLE...cra moving expenses).
Keep your invoice from your movers, it is deductible! So an example would be....move costs say $5,000, you earned $40,000 at new job, your taxable income would be only $35,000, of course when you read about moving expenses on the CRA website, you will be claiming other things too!
Old Mar 29th 2014, 11:20 pm
Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Premier Van lines. Well at least I can vouch for the one in Regina, I know the owners
Thanks Lorna, I requested a quote from them yesterday
Old Mar 29th 2014, 11:22 pm
Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
When you have moved and started work, when you file your taxes for the year you started your new work in AB, do not forget to claim moving expenses (GOOGLE...cra moving expenses).
Keep your invoice from your movers, it is deductible! So an example would be....move costs say $5,000, you earned $40,000 at new job, your taxable income would be only $35,000, of course when you read about moving expenses on the CRA website, you will be claiming other things too!
Thanks for that info, I did know that it was tax deductible, I'll make sure I save everything
Old Mar 29th 2014, 11:22 pm
Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Thank you