Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving to Canada with two kids, 7 and 9 to Canada

Moving to Canada with two kids, 7 and 9 to Canada

Old Jun 29th 2021, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canada with two kids, 7 and 9 to Canada

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I don't want to speak for Moses but seems you're reading way too much in to this, he was simply saying it's a bloody long way between them and the same distance as London to Beirut, at least that's how I've read it.
Thank you. In any case the OP has opened another Thread and has explained the situation.
Old Jun 29th 2021, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I don't want to speak for Moses but seems you're reading way too much in to this, he was simply saying it's a bloody long way between them and the same distance as London to Beirut, at least that's how I've read it.
"Inapt" still seems about right to me. "Beirut" carries a lot of baggage for some recently resettled people I care about, who are rather glad to be in Canada now.

An unfortunate choice of endpoints, at best.

Last edited by abner; Jun 29th 2021 at 12:41 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2021, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
"Inapt" still seems about right to me. "Beirut" carries a lot of baggage for some recently resettled people I care about, who are rather glad to be in Canada now.
If it suits you better, let's say Volgograd by car.
Old Jun 29th 2021, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

advent25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, having moved 3 years ago with a 9 and 11 year old (who missed the UK and their friends a lot!) I would say the most important thing will be their new schools. My youngest had a teacher who before she came made all the kids make cards for her and ensured she settled in and didn't feel left out. My oldest was left to fend for herself and this made all the difference. The youngest one settled in no problems. The older one hated Canada (we eventually had to change her school which made a world of difference!). So I would say talk to the school re settling the kids and ensuring they aren't feeling left out as the older the kids get the harder it is to break into the cliques!

I would say decide on a location and stay in that location from the outset as it will be very disruptive to move the kids after a year and they will effectively have to start making friends all over again.

Hope the above helps.