Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving to Canada with a pet during a pandemic

Moving to Canada with a pet during a pandemic

Old Jan 14th 2021, 9:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canada with a pet during a pandemic

Originally Posted by Law864
Hello, we are in the exact same position. We are very low on days and need to go in Feb. We are using Petair and I do not think there should be any issues collecting our doggy at the other side, in fact they are arranging an agent to help clear her quickly and get her to us. You can still walk your dog in quarantine, you just need to wear a mask and stay away from others.
Not so, I'm afraid - if you are in self isolation 14 day quarantine from travel overseas (i.e. coming to Canada from overseas) you are not permitted to leave the premises at all, unless going to hospital or similar!
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...ion-sheet.html

While in quarantine

• Do not leave your place of quarantine unless it is for a medical emergency, an essential medical service or treatment, to obtain a COVID-19 molecular test, or it is pre-authorized.
  • Do not have any guests even if you are outside and stay 2m apart from them.
  • Use only private outdoor spaces (i.e. balcony).
  • Do not use shared spaces such as lobbies, courtyards, restaurants, gyms or pools.

Old Jan 26th 2021, 12:11 am
Just Joined

RS_OS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Canada with a pet during a pandemic

Originally Posted by Law864
Hello, we are in the exact same position. We are very low on days and need to go in Feb. We are using Petair and I do not think there should be any issues collecting our doggy at the other side, in fact they are arranging an agent to help clear her quickly and get her to us. You can still walk your dog in quarantine, you just need to wear a mask and stay away from others.
sorry but you are wrong about this. You cannot leave the house at all other than to be in a private garden when in your are on your 14 day quarantine. You can’t go for a walk outside, this includes exercising a dog I’m afraid and there are hefty fines should you be found to break these rules.

You also cannot collect your pet (if they are on cargo flight separate) if you are still in your 14 day quarantine. A family tried to do this when we collected our pet in June, the customs officer asks you what date you arrived in the country and checks your visas. The family got in to serious trouble as they’d only arrived a few days before, got kicked out and couldn’t collect their dog. Which was awful after the stress the dog had already been through on the flight. So please don’t try this! They will check and you will be fined.