Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mentail Health Nurse

Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mentail Health Nurse

Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mentail Health Nurse

Originally Posted by Tirytory
:

Thank you!

It's done and what a relief! Time will tell how it went obviously but I feel like it was ok. The first three people and only people I talked to were resitting it and not Canadian trained so who knows- I did feel a tad anxious after that and decided not to talk to anyone else
I didn't talk to anyone and know I did CRNE but format was the same as yours then and I passed first time. I am sure you did great
Old Feb 12th 2016, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

:

Thank you!

It's done and what a relief! Time will tell how it went obviously but I feel like it was ok. The first three people and only people I talked to were resitting it and not Canadian trained so who knows- I did feel a tad anxious after that and decided not to talk to anyone else
Any news yet results should be out any time now
Old Feb 12th 2016, 2:51 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Any news yet results should be out any time now
They are but haven't received mine yet, haven't checked today as massive snow day and have kids at home!
Old Feb 12th 2016, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

:

Thank you!

When I sat my CRNE I was the only international trained nurse there and the oldest by about 20 years!
Waiting for the result is the worst, fingers crossed for you.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 5:58 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

I passed!!!

Although apparently my language proficiency is now expired. Sigh. You might think that being deemed proficient in English, you would stay proficient but apparently not. Hopefully it will be just an email to the registration committee
Old Feb 16th 2016, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

I passed!!!

Although apparently my language proficiency is now expired. Sigh. You might think that being deemed proficient in English, you would stay proficient but apparently not. Hopefully it will be just an email to the registration committee
On passing the exam great news, sorry about the English

Old Feb 16th 2016, 6:05 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
On passing the exam great news, sorry about the English

It is good news and thank you, I'm very thankful I don't need to study again it does put a slight dampener on things though...
Old Feb 16th 2016, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

It is good news and thank you, I'm very thankful I don't need to study again it does put a slight dampener on things though...
Congratulations
Old Feb 16th 2016, 6:10 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh TT really well done!
Old Feb 17th 2016, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

kasiadoran is an unknown quantity at this point

I passed!!!

Well done you!
Old Feb 17th 2016, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

I passed!!!

Now that you passed can I bore you with the obvious question...how was it? I am doing an online module for mother and child nursing that was requested before I am allowed to sit RPN exam...it starts on the 22nd of February...
Old Feb 17th 2016, 1:08 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Originally Posted by kasiadoran
Now that you passed can I bore you with the obvious question...how was it? I am doing an online module for mother and child nursing that was requested before I am allowed to sit RPN exam...it starts on the 22nd of February...
I thought it was fair, I felt like they were testing for the the basic amount of knowledge to become a safe practitioner. There was more mental health questions than I anticipated and I wished I'd covered more in my prep. Also I sat the Jurisprudence exam straight after the exam but I wished I had sat it before. I think it would have been helpful as there were some overlap in questions. It's pass or fail exam though, so no idea how I did in it. I don't understand why they don't release that information.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations
Old Feb 17th 2016, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

I thought it was fair, I felt like they were testing for the the basic amount of knowledge to become a safe practitioner. There was more mental health questions than I anticipated and I wished I'd covered more in my prep. Also I sat the Jurisprudence exam straight after the exam but I wished I had sat it before. I think it would have been helpful as there were some overlap in questions. It's pass or fail exam though, so no idea how I did in it. I don't understand why they don't release that information.
Thank you
That's a good tip then with Jurisprudence exam...once again well done
Old Feb 18th 2016, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

telgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!
I received my NNAS report today to find out that my qualifications do not meet the entry requirements needed to practice as an RN in Nova Scoatia. The next step I believe is to get the regulatory body to review my NNAS report and tell me what courses or bridging programmes I would need to do to become one. Does anyone know how long this takes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.