Reload this Page >

Moving to Canada

Moving to Canada

Old Sep 27th 2016, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

bluenewby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Canada

Hi everyone,
Hopefully I ask the right questions but if anything sounds obvious or vague please accept my apologies now. We have thought of moving for some years now and we've now reached a point where we have become restless and want to do something about instead of taking about it. There are 3 of us my wife, my son and myself. I currently have my own plumbing and heating business and my wife is a teaching assistant, how secure and available are these types of jobs in the British Columbia region and what is the pay like compared to the U.K.? Is there a particular area within BC to start off in that would make the transition smoother? Thanks for any help and advice it really is appreciated. Dave
Old Sep 27th 2016, 5:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canada

How old is your son?
Old Sep 27th 2016, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

bluenewby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
How old is your son?
Hi, he's 14 years old.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 6:04 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

google HVAC jobs in BC. Pay range $30+/hr. Little if any security in trades jobs in Canada

Plumber Salary in Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada)

At some point you need to check the Red Seal' exam a requirement for you to work in that trade in Canada

Unit Group

Plumber | ITA BC

Plumber / Red Seal

On Teaching assistant -

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Work-or-Stu...onal-Assistant
Old Sep 27th 2016, 6:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome back!

Since you last asked about it, it's got much tougher to get PR so are you sure you would qualify without a job offer? If you do need a job offer to get a visa then you might find you don't get much choice in the area as you'll just have to go wherever you can find an employer prepared to sponsor you, so I wouldn't worry about areas just yet.

Of course, if you're scoring enough and can apply for PR now then ignore me completely! And if that's the case I'm sure those in BC will be able to help with area suggestions.

There have been a couple of threads recently about teaching assistant jobs, so have a search and you should find them.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 7:02 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluenewby
Hi everyone,
Hopefully I ask the right questions but if anything sounds obvious or vague please accept my apologies now. We have thought of moving for some years now and we've now reached a point where we have become restless and want to do something about instead of taking about it
You were looking to do this back in 2011. Have you made a recce to Canada, or started the visa application process?