Reload this Page >

Moving to canada.

Wikiposts

Moving to canada.

Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:16 am
Just Joined

bryzo87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to canada.

hi can anyone help me or give me some sound advice, me and my wife are planning to move to Canada within the next year or 2. The only problem is how do i go about getting a job when i don't have a very decent job here in the UK.
I'm wondering if this will affect our chances.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to canada.

Originally Posted by bryzo87
hi can anyone help me or give me some sound advice, me and my wife are planning to move to Canada within the next year or 2. The only problem is how do i go about getting a job when i don't have a very decent job here in the UK.
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Can you be a bit more specific? What type of job are you looking for, and whereabouts?

What kind of visa are you planning on moving on?
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Can you be a bit more specific? What type of job are you looking for, and whereabouts?

What kind of visa are you planning on moving on?
Hi and thanks, well we are thinking about Nova Scotia and and we are planning on living and working there. As for jobs i dont have many qualifications i work in a supermarket so anything basic for myself.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and thanks, well we are thinking about Nova Scotia and and we are planning on living and working there. As for jobs i dont have many qualifications i work in a supermarket so anything basic for myself.
OK, what about your wife, does she have a job that's more likely to lead to a visa? What qualifications do you both have?
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
OK, what about your wife, does she have a job that's more likely to lead to a visa? What qualifications do you both have?
She may, well she works in the care industry and she has many svq's to advance in her line of work as for me a few college courses here and there, nothing solid, sorry if im not being very helpful, wanted to know a generalised opinion about my situation to see if its possible.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:48 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

She may, well she works in the care industry and she has many svq's to advance in her line of work as for me a few college courses here and there, nothing solid, sorry if im not being very helpful, wanted to know a generalised opinion about my situation to see if its possible.
A generalised response then would without any specific skills or experience that a) makes you eligible for immigration or b) helps you get a job over and above similarly unskilled Canadians, the odds are fairly well stacked against you.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Without knowing everything about you, it's really impossible for us to say if you'd qualify for a visa. It doesn't sound as though you would, but your wife may depending on her level of education etc.

Best thing to do is have a read of the Wiki (start here - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration) and then you can figure out if you think you'd be eligible for any visa route or not.

Once you've got a visa route in mind, feel free to come back and ask questions about it, there's usually somebody around to try and help.

Good luck.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:50 am
Just Joined

ok thanks anyway
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:57 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

ok thanks anyway
The main factor you should think of is "could a Canadian do my job" that is what the Can Gov look for when looking into a skilled work application. I would say a regular, high school graduate, Canadian could do a job such as yours so as it has been said, it would be very difficult to prove otherwise.

There are other routes tho, but these other routes will be age dependant. Eg: Holiday Visa or Student Visa ect.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 1:28 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/immi...skilled-worker

NovaScotia do have semi-skilled and low-skilled Provincial Nomination Streams but you need to have worked in NS for at least 6 months to be eligible to apply.

http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/immi...skilled-worker

If either of you are under 30, have you considered applying for the IEC (International Experience Canada Working Holiday Visa)? It would give you 1-2 years on an open work permit; it's closed now for this year but will open again in January 2014.

Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

My job here was pretty piss to be honest,and while the job I will be doing in Canada pays extremely well,in the UK it was a pittance for the amount of hours worked.

Read those links posted above carefully mate,and check the jobsites you might be pleasantly surprised(I was!)