Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK

Moving back to UK

Old Feb 11th 2010, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK

Originally Posted by el_richo
Not really nit picking. ~500 miles from the coast is not exactly "Coastal"
Agreed, would love to hear from others what they think when someones says they live on the "East Coast" of Canada how they would perceive it. Maybe Montreal or the Maritimes? or maybe anything east of Manitoba?
Old Feb 11th 2010, 3:56 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgjamison
Agreed, would love to hear from others what they think when someones says they live on the "East Coast" of Canada how they would perceive it. Maybe Montreal or the Maritimes? or maybe anything east of Manitoba?
I'm only joking of course. After all i do live on the west coast of England, in London, so know what you mean.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=el_richo;8333383]I'm only joking of course. After all i do live on the west coast of England, in London, so know what you mean. [/QUOTm
Are you thinking of coming to Canada from London,? Lived in west sussex a lot of years ago a lovely part of the uk Glad you have kept a good sense of humor sadly lacking in parts here
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:12 pm
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice

Originally Posted by alexisatk
That is actually funny lol (from Nova Scotia)
Umm... maybe i got the wrong humour out of this.

But Atlantic Canadians tend to move to Northern Alberta for the oil jobs.... so your more likely to encounter atlantic canadians there then people actually from alberta....
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alexisatk
That is actually funny lol (from Nova Scotia)
oh, why?
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:20 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=dgjamison;8333408]
Originally Posted by el_richo
I'm only joking of course. After all i do live on the west coast of England, in London, so know what you mean. [/QUOTm
Are you thinking of coming to Canada from London,? Lived in west sussex a lot of years ago a lovely part of the uk Glad you have kept a good sense of humor sadly lacking in parts here
Yep my Vancouverite wife and I are moving to West Coast Canada in a few months
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=el_richo;8333455]

Yep my Vancouverite wife and I are moving to West Coast Canada in a few months
well good luck, its beautiful on the "West Coast" a nice time too coming into Spring/Summer so again good luck in your move
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:27 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

FGS ok eastern canada, I find this a little like nit picking, but there each to their own.........
And the folks living on the East Coast would no doubt take umbrage with your comments that they are unfriendly. I believe the opposite to be true.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
And the folks living on the East Coast would no doubt take umbrage with your comments that they are unfriendly. I believe the opposite to be true.
As do I...
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
I think most of the people on the East Coast, would have the sense to realise what I was saying, If they read my older posts, I came to Toronto in 1976-1984 and lived all that time in Onatrio, along with my relatives and friends, all in the Scarborough to coburg area, I loved it and at that time had great neighbours and friends. Since returning I have found were we live very unfriendly, thats the way I find it, I made that clear before when I said I thought we were very unlucky. Why do you try and make such a big issue out of this? I take it you are from scotland originally? When you go back do you find it different and changed? Not as friendly as when you left? I really find this very childish
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking about houses with pools brought back some memories, we bought our first house I think it was 1979-1980, we paid $53,000 for a semi backspilt with inground pool, 4 bedrooms, finished rec room with bar and fireplace, in a little country town called "Oshawa"(i remembr my friends saying how far away it was from Toronto too far for them!!!). It was classed as the country then, and very much full of young families, first time buyers. I remember big wheels were a big thing then, my son left his on the front garden overnight and toys left on the lawn, and they were still there when we got up in the morning. many a time we went to bed and forgot to lock the doors. It was a lovely neighbourhood and FRIENDLY as well
I think is what I said about where we lived before, why would anyone take offence at this????????
Old Feb 14th 2010, 3:54 am
Just Joined

connada is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck