Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

MOVING BACK TO DURHAM ENGLAND -PROS/CONS ?

MOVING BACK TO DURHAM ENGLAND -PROS/CONS ?

Old Jun 11th 2011, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: MOVING BACK TO DURHAM ENGLAND -PROS/CONS ?

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yes but Poland has healthcare doesn't it?
Virtually all of Europe has either publicly sponsored and regulated universal healthcare or publicly provided healthcare, but is very basic in some countries, covering basic sickness only, and additional insurance can be purchased, Poland is one of these countries....Portugal is also one of these countries....and my research tells me that 10,000 Portuguese emigrated to Thetford in Norfolk and its surrounding districts in 2001.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 9:32 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Monique_in_Canada
....and my research tells me that 10,000 Portuguese emigrated to Thetford in Norfolk and its surrounding districts in 2001.
They all moved back after the 2006 world cup.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 9:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

and my research tells me that 10,000 Portuguese emigrated to Thetford in Norfolk and its surrounding districts in 2001.
How exactly are you doing this 'research'? Reading copies of the Daily Mail perchance?!?
Old Jun 11th 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
How exactly are you doing this 'research'? Reading copies of the Daily Mail perchance?!?
I know the info on Portuguese in Norfolk is close to being correct info as I lived in Suffolk before we moved out here to Canada, the police in Thetford were sent to evening classes to learn Portuguese and special lines were put in at the local factory's to accommodate them in their transition as there were so many!!!
Old Jun 11th 2011, 10:02 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Virtually all of Europe has either publicly sponsored and regulated universal healthcare or publicly provided healthcare, but is very basic in some countries, covering basic sickness only, and additional insurance can be purchased, Poland is one of these countries....Portugal is also one of these countries....and my research tells me that 10,000 Portuguese emigrated to Thetford in Norfolk and its surrounding districts in 2001.
So what you're saying is the OP should see great healthcare access as a pro

Not sure why you imply the rest of Europe has terrible access to healthcare yet you believe the US would be a great alternative.

Weird
Old Jun 11th 2011, 10:10 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Likely not, but the City of Durham is a much smaller place than any of those. Per capita crime? I'm not so sure.
I thought we recently established it's all about perception and not actuals
Old Jun 11th 2011, 10:23 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
I thought we recently established it's all about perception and not actuals
Ah yes. Silly me. I must try to keep up.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

So what you're saying is the OP should see great healthcare access as a pro

Not sure why you imply the rest of Europe has terrible access to healthcare yet you believe the US would be a great alternative.

Weird
I absolutely DID NOT imply that in any way shape or form!!!!
Old Jun 11th 2011, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

krasy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ENGLANDIA
Family and friends is the real pull and Durham is a beautiful place to live with good access to colleges /universities.
It also doesn,t have the crime of other cities close by like Newcastle, Sunderland and M,boro .
I definitely want to get Canadian citizenship to keep the kids future options open.
which banana boat do you live on? newcastle crime give me facts and figures you complete dipstick, yeah duraham is beautiful so is ncl, when you have lived here as long as I have you can have the right to say crap like that until then stay on your banana boat flippin idiot! lived here all my life and NEVER have i had ANY problems fabulous schooling too in the name of emmanuel college one of the top schools in country and I live very closeby, flippin prat no clue what so ever back up your speech with facts ???
Old Jun 11th 2011, 10:50 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krasy
which banana boat do you live on? newcastle crime give me facts and figures you complete dipstick, yeah duraham is beautiful so is ncl, when you have lived here as long as I have you can have the right to say crap like that until then stay on your banana boat flippin idiot! lived here all my life and NEVER have i had ANY problems fabulous schooling too in the name of emmanuel college one of the top schools in country and I live very closeby, flippin prat no clue what so ever back up your speech with facts ???
No need for abuse.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 11:01 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP. Don't, don't ffs start thinking that you can get a decent education back in the UK, especially up in the north. The last thing you want to do is saddle your children to a life of crime and drugs. Stay in Canada or America for a better life of opportunities.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

krasy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tangram
No need for abuse.
no abuse paul just if you want to slate an area at least have the decency to back up what you are saying, and i dont believe for one moment that this person has that, but certainly no abuse, just defending where i live, which I am entitled to do, am I not?
Old Jun 11th 2011, 11:11 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krasy
no abuse paul just if you want to slate an area at least have the decency to back up what you are saying, and i dont believe for one moment that this person has that, but certainly no abuse, just defending where i live, which I am entitled to do, am I not?

Doesn't the school you mentioned in Gateshead use "alternative assessment" methods because its full of thick kids?
Old Jun 11th 2011, 11:12 pm
Beep

but if they stay in Canada, the whole of Canada is their Lobster as they say!! (America too if they want too)
And if they move to England the whole of the UK and Europe is their oyster...)
.....if Europe was their Lobster then why are 100's of thousand of Europeans flooding into the UK oh yes for the health care......
no I am not sure...I just go from the information I read on the interwebynet... in 2010 there were 80,000 Polish alone registering with the home office to work...lots of Brits that emigrated to somewhere warm in Europe are moving back for this very reason {implied healthcare}!!!
I absolutely DID NOT imply that in any way shape or form!!!!
Maybe i misread the above.

Also, it's Oyster, not Lobster
Old Jun 11th 2011, 11:14 pm

Also, it's Oyster, not Lobster
Maybe she's really posh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.