Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving back across the pond after a massive mistake!!!!

Moving back across the pond after a massive mistake!!!!

Old Jan 18th 2012, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back across the pond after a massive mistake!!!!

Originally Posted by Oink
I couldn't give toss where you live, I'm just glad its you living there and not me.
That must be why you brought it up then
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 2:56 am
Just Joined

LostMarbles is an unknown quantity at this point

My mother went back to the UK, and deeply regrets it but can't afford to come back to BC.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshgirl67
Its nothing to do with us not being a family to embrace the winter.... not everyone loves skiing and dont have the money to do it. winters are long in alberta nov - sometimes june not a lot to do for 6 months other than snow sports.. Novs scotia is slightly better.
Has some good beaches for the summer too.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:56 am
Just Joined

debbie2801 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Why do you think you will be able to cope with the winters any better on the east coast? I appreciate it may not get as cold as it does in Alberta but cold is cold. You don't appear to be the type of family to embrace the winter. Does it really matter if the outside temperature is minus 10 or 20, if you are indoors?
We've just arrived in Halifax (5th April) and are really looking forward to our first full winter later. Although did have some snow at the w/e and our Canadian friends decided that the unusual weather was there to welcome us - strange people didn't want to play snowballs though! However, as lost the thread....., we've been in Quebec hiking when it was -20 and didn't feel at all cold until taking a glove off....although very new to living in Canada full time, I'd imagine the cold and the heat, needs to be prepared for and managed and even outdoors, same as home.......
Old Apr 17th 2012, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

etjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Boy d
I know the area....my old man is from lancaster...nice, but also bloody wet and lots of work for sheep farmers. I was referring to the larger cities, manchester and liverpool etc....and they moost certainly can be grim
We moved here from Liverpool last August, and Liverpool doesn't seem too Grimm to me! It's looking better than ever, it has beautifully restored older buildings and has had major investment in new builds and the retail and nightlife are busy. Even the suburb I come from in south Liverpool is doing well. It amazes me how affluent it seems to be in the midst of the current state of the economy. It certainly seems more affluent than London, Ontario area where we are now.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:35 am
Just Joined

Mist05 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is an interesting conversation regarding placement of children at school. There is an article on the uk news I believe as results came out yesterday which choices were fulfilled for reception students. There is a note in that says 1500 children had no places...... so this does happen, and then I guess your option would be private schools. It is daunting because for anyone that wants to get back into the UK system it is a gamble.