Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moved: Will we see $2.3-2.4 to the £ again shortly?

Moved: Will we see $2.3-2.4 to the £ again shortly?

Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough
Default Moved: Will we see $2.3-2.4 to the £ again shortly?

Do any of you predictionists see the $2.3+++ to the pound arriving again in the not to distant future?

I know this question is like asking how long is a piece of string but you guys have been pretty spot on in the past.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moved: Will we see $2.3-2.4 to the £ again shortly?

My husband will be crying into his beer if that happens shortly, having just transferred our money at $2.11. If it does reach that, please don't tell him will you!!

Lisa
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:04 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

have a look at a thread titled exchange rate, all updates are on there, short term no, mid to long, spring summer next year, possibly 2.20, but the halcyon days of more than that appear to have ended. certainly due to news this morning of further increases for the loonie against the us $ and interest rate hikes by bank of canada, next month and the one after, suggests down not up.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

This from the Calgary Herald:
"National retail sales surged 2.8 per cent to $35 billion, the largest increase in nearly 10 years, leaving sales 8.2 per cent higher than in May 2006.

It helped to throw the Canadian dollar sharply higher to a new 30-year high.

Buttressed by the retail sales figures the loonie soared almost a cent Tuesday to 96.52 cents US from 95.53 a day earlier."

So it looks like we'll soon be back under 2.1 (shades of last Xmas)... and the Alberta boom is not slowing, so unlikely to hit 2.25-2.3 high in foreseeable future.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

chinook is an unknown quantity at this point

Moneycorp showing at $2.16 now, anybody with knowledge on the subject wish to add to the subject.

Please help me do I do it or do I wait, money not needed until March.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:13 pm
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by weener
Do any of you predictionists see the $2.3+++ to the pound arriving again in the not to distant future?
No.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chinook
Moneycorp showing at $2.16 now, anybody with knowledge on the subject wish to add to the subject.

Please help me do I do it or do I wait, money not needed until March.
IMHO send now if you can get 2.16... based on mucho research I think loonie will go below 2.1 in the coming months.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:00 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes. On the 27th of August.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:46 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
Yes. On the 27th of August.
are you serious, if so why?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:20 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rae
are you serious, if so why?
Well, just imagine how cool I'd look if I was right. Yeah.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:25 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by bazzz
Well, just imagine how cool I'd look if I was right. Yeah.
i'd be careful what you post in regard to this, some people take this site as gospel, it would not surprise me to learn that pre-contracts had been arranged already for this date.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
i'd be careful what you post in regard to this, some people take this site as gospel, it would not surprise me to learn that pre-contracts had been arranged already for this date.
Oh jesus have I just lost £xx,xxx ?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:04 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
why does that mean Bazzz has to be careful? He can make whatever wild predictions he likes. Caveat Emptor - if one were dim enough to make a contract based on what was obviously a lighthearted post on a web forum, one would deserve to lose one's money.

(I wrote "you" in place of "one" above at first, but didn't want to seem as though I were accusing you, rae, of being dim... )
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

I know this question is like asking how long is a piece of string but you guys have been pretty spot on in the past.
Pretty unlikely i am affraid...with the Bank of Canada showing no signs of an end to the tightening cycle. In order for that to happen you would need one of the following.

1) a huge collapse in the price of oil.
2) the Bank of England to become even more aggressive on interest rates (very unlikely when people are starting to sit up and take note of housing slowdown).
3) Bank of Canada to start cutting rates (very unlikely due to comments from Mr Dodge regarding inflation concerns, aswell as the continued boom in Alberta added to the nationwide housing boom).

I personally trade the financial markets professionally and i am a seller if we see 2.20.

Hope that helps

Chris
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:53 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

The whole world of paper money is due for major shakeup, unregulated derivatives are 8 times as large as the Total World's gross national product.

CD'S and Derivatives, watch how many times this is mentioned in near future, interest rates are headed higher, $US is due to fall further.

Sub Prime Loans, tip of Iceberg, US is the Titanic, band is playing, some one will at one point yell, Iceberg Dead ahead, too late to turn the Titanic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.