Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moved to Vancouver BC 8 years ago........

Moved to Vancouver BC 8 years ago........

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:40 am
Just Joined

SimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really nice
Default Moved to Vancouver BC 8 years ago........

........and happy to help with any questions, get involved in social activities.

I moved to Vancouver BC 8 years ago with husband and 2 girls and it was the best thing that we ever did. We love this place.

Having been here, experienced the moving, the housing, the schools, the jobs, the weather, the culture, the activities, the networking, the networking and the networking in order to find out about the housing, the schools, the jobs, the culture and the activities.......

......Welcome to the best place on earth.

Ceri
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

lousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moved to Vancouver BC 8 years ago........

Originally Posted by SimplyRED
........and happy to help with any questions, get involved in social activities.

I moved to Vancouver BC 8 years ago with husband and 2 girls and it was the best thing that we ever did. We love this place.

Having been here, experienced the moving, the housing, the schools, the jobs, the weather, the culture, the activities, the networking, the networking and the networking in order to find out about the housing, the schools, the jobs, the culture and the activities.......

Ceri
Hi,
From where? Within Canada? From UK? Have you lived anywhere else in Canada or did you come straight to this province? Just wondering. We moved here 4 years ago and still struggle with the move ... happy some days, unsure about what we did the next.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Damn - I gave karma for such a positive post, and then I checked her profile -

Realtor alert, LOL!!!

No incentive whatsoever to sing Vancouver's praises and ask newbies to contact her with questions/concerns...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

........and happy to help with any questions <snip> in order to find out about the housing..........

Ceri
Whatever - spam sandwich anyone?
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
Plenty of professionals post on this forum with a link to their services in their signature (including other realtors) which is no problem.

As the OP isn't breaking any site rules regarding advertising, let's give her the benefit of the doubt shall we?
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:40 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Ceri

Where abouts in Putney did u live?

I grew up there, Oakhill Rd just down from E Putney station.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:40 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:53 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lousid
Hi,
From where? Within Canada? From UK? Have you lived anywhere else in Canada or did you come straight to this province? Just wondering. We moved here 4 years ago and still struggle with the move ... happy some days, unsure about what we did the next.
Still thinking about leaving Mission?
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

i read the first post and thought, "Holy ego Batman!" A thread started to basically ask people to contact them for one person's opinion..... as if any such questions couldn't simply be addresses to the entire community?

Anyways, there is something to be said for giving benefit of doubt. I don't want to be the cynical (UK) Paolo; i want to be more like my neighbours.... receptive and hospitable Paolo.

I am sure the OP will quickly amass more than just 2 posts.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
As the OP isn't breaking any site rules regarding advertising, let's give her the benefit of the doubt shall we?
Originally Posted by paolosmythe
i read the first post and thought, "Holy ego Batman!" A thread started to basically ask people to contact them for one person's opinion..... as if any such questions couldn't simply be addresses to the entire community?

Anyways, there is something to be said for giving benefit of doubt.
You're both right. I'm definitely getting far too cynical in my old age, and rather too much vino last night meant that I didn't bite my tongue when I probably should have done - I'm sorry OP!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:49 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Plenty of professionals post on this forum with a link to their services in their signature (including other realtors) which is no problem.

The acid test is really how much they contribute to the forum and those moving over. If questions as asked and answered in an open forum, to the most part they can help everyone.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

SimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really niceSimplyRED is just really nice

Wow a cynical lot some of your are. I should have lied in my profile and said I was unemployed. I guess that now you know I'm a realtor you don't want me. Thanks a bunch.

For those who don't care what I do or what material things I own;

I moved here from Putney, London, 8 years ago. Actually lived on Montserrat Road and then Erpingham Road - Kids went to All Saints' school. Worked for BT and EDS in senior management before deciding that the problem with the rat race, was, even if you win - you're still a rat!! So we go out.......
We decided to just up and move here. Sold our house - had no jobs to come to here - left everything brought the kids and started all over again.

Had a tough time at first. My parents both died, one rather suddenly so back to the UK for the first time was awful.
But soon landed a job, as a sales director for a local software company.

Anyway, I know it can be tough here - but I AM CANADIAN and I love it here.

If you do have questions, just ask.

Ceri
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:44 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Wow a cynical lot some of your are. I should have lied in my profile and said I was unemployed. I guess that now you know I'm a realtor you don't want me. Thanks a bunch.

I moved here from Putney, London, 8 years ago. Actually lived on Montserrat Road and then Erpingham Road - Kids went to All Saints' school. Worked for BT and EDS in senior management before deciding that the problem with the rat race, was, even if you win - you're still a rat!! So we go out.......
We decided to just up and move here. Sold our house - had no jobs to come to here - left everything brought the kids and started all over again.

Had a tough time at first. My parents both died, one rather suddenly so back to the UK for the first time was awful.

Ceri
Don't take it too personally. Join in and have fun on BE. help those who want help and enjoy the banter.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:50 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ceri
I love it here too, all things considered.

welcome to BE
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 7:17 am
Éireann go Brách

Ceri
Back in the 80's we used to go to the Spencers Arms on the corner of Erpingham. Always disliked All Saints cos they always beat us at football when i were a nipper. I went to St Joseph's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.