Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moved: uk to Fredericton - best way with toddler under 2 ?

Wikiposts

Moved: uk to Fredericton - best way with toddler under 2 ?

Old May 22nd 2007, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

wizaird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moved: uk to Fredericton - best way with toddler under 2 ?

Hi folks i am wanting to book flights , car hire and hotel for August of this year for our reccy trip.I am wondering if anyone knows the most efficient flights etc to do this with.Obviously we will want the shortest flight time possible and we would require the use of a car and a nice hotel in Fredericton area to stay.We have a 14 month old daughter who will be accompanying us.

Anyone had the chance to do this trip who could offer advice?

i have used expedia so far and we are looking at 12 hr flights to Halifax, ive tried direct to Fredericton from Birmingham but its upto 20 hrs , im thinking go to Halifax and hire car then drive to Fredericton ?How long would this take ?Or is it better to arrange a connecting flight seperate to Fredericton from Halifax ????

We live in the East Midlands so can get to Manchester or Bhx or even London airpoorts no probs.

We are looking at a Sunday the 12th Aug to Sunday the 19th Aug if this helps.

thanks in advance Dave
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:48 am
Canadian Outlaw

RobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: uk to Fredericton - best way with toddler under 2 ?

Hey there,

Try East Midlands to Belfast via BMIBaby then Zoom Air to Halifax from Belfast International. My family and I are doing Manchester to Belfast next month and it worked out about £400 cheaper than going from Gatwick (and we still had to get to London somehow). Use promo code MM2007ZA (from MuchMore Magazine) for Zoom - it knocked off £100+ for us.

Halifax to Fredericton is a really easy drive - it will take you about 3.5 hours though so you could stop somewhere en route. We stayed in the Holiday Inn outside Fredericton the first time we visited - wow what a setting right by the river. We had a 4 year old and a one year old in tow and had no problems there.

Any other questions PM me - I'll pass on as much info as I can.

Originally Posted by wizaird
Hi folks i am wanting to book flights , car hire and hotel for August of this year for our reccy trip.I am wondering if anyone knows the most efficient flights etc to do this with.Obviously we will want the shortest flight time possible and we would require the use of a car and a nice hotel in Fredericton area to stay.We have a 14 month old daughter who will be accompanying us.

i have used expedia so far and we are looking at 12 hr flights to Halifax, ive tried direct to Fredericton from Birmingham but its upto 20 hrs , im thinking go to Halifax and hire car then drive to Fredericton ?How long would this take ?Or is it better to arrange a connecting flight seperate to Fredericton from Halifax ????

We live in the East Midlands so can get to Manchester or Bhx or even London airpoorts no probs.

thanks in advance Dave
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

benjy25 will become famous soon enoughbenjy25 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: uk to Fredericton - best way with toddler under 2 ?

thanks in advance Dave
You can fly direct to Halifax from Gatwick with Air Canada, taking about 6hr 15 mins there and 5hrs 45mins on the way back. Bit more expensive but they have a better seat pitch and the timies you can fly are good too. Check out their website for more information. They are also good value for money if you book close to your departure date!
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved: uk to Fredericton - best way with toddler under 2 ?

Hi
12 hour flights to Halifax???? If you can get to either Gatwick for Zoom or Heathrow for AC, flight times are around six hours. The drive to Fredericton from Halifax is around 4 hours. I can recommend this B&B for your stay
http://www.bbcanada.com/4658.html

thanks in advance Dave
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:54 am
Account Closed

Beebop is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks in advance Dave
Expedia never comes up with the best flights to Canada, it's better for Oz and suchlike where there is more competition.

Canada is Zoom/Canadian Affair/Air Canada unless you try to route through the US, which is not cheaper and longer.
Old May 22nd 2007, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

HI, i think maybe the flight times you have are wrong. Is only approx 10 hours all way to Vancouver on west coast.

Should be much closer to the 6 hour mark to fly to the east coast of Canada.
Old May 22nd 2007, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

wizaird is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info so far folks, its really helpful. Could do with some more recommended places / hotels to stay at in Fredericton .I have looked on Zoom website and got a price of £1027 for the both of us from London Gatwick including the toddler return to Halifax.

keep your suggestions coming

thanks Dave
Old May 22nd 2007, 11:05 pm
Canadian Outlaw

RobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Moved: uk to Fredericton - best way with toddler under 2 ?

Thanks for the info so far folks, its really helpful. Could do with some more recommended places / hotels to stay at in Fredericton .I have looked on Zoom website and got a price of £1027 for the both of us from London Gatwick including the toddler return to Halifax.

keep your suggestions coming

thanks Dave
Nice price from Zoom for Gatwick. As for hotels take a look at the aforementioned Holiday Inn outside Fredericton:

http://www.holidayfredericton.com/

It really does look that nice - and is only a short (traffic-less) drive to the city. It hardly ever gets busy - I think it took 20 mins to get back to the hotel from the centre in rush hour LOL.

I have also stayed at the Crown Plaza (Beaverbrook) Hotel in the centre/waterfront:

http://www.cpfredericton.com/

It is not cheap - but it is plush and the James Joyce Irish bar right next to it served a superb Guinness and Ale pie.