Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moved: Long term insurance

Moved: Long term insurance

Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:27 am
Just Joined

N1k1002003 will become famous soon enough
Default Moved: Long term insurance

Not immigration I know but not sure where to ask. If anyone can answer I suppose it has to be someone on these boards! I wonder if anyone can offer suggestions for me.

I want to bring In-laws to Canada this summer and they want to stay for xmas. This will be a 6 month trip but I am really struggling to find insurance for them.

I can find cover for 31 days easily, found one company that will cover them for 4 months at a cost of £1500 but thats it!!

The problem is that father in law is 76 this year but surely there must be something out there.

I am not concerned about their baggage loss, flight cancellation or items like this but should anything go wrong while they are here, they are old, then I need to make sure they are covered. God forbid but if either end up in hospital or worse then I need to be covered to get them home again.

Annette
Old Apr 5th 2008, 2:15 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long term insurance

Originally Posted by N1k1002003
Not immigration I know but not sure where to ask. If anyone can answer I suppose it has to be someone on these boards! I wonder if anyone can offer suggestions for me.

I want to bring In-laws to Canada this summer and they want to stay for xmas. This will be a 6 month trip but I am really struggling to find insurance for them.

I can find cover for 31 days easily, found one company that will cover them for 4 months at a cost of £1500 but thats it!!

The problem is that father in law is 76 this year but surely there must be something out there.

I am not concerned about their baggage loss, flight cancellation or items like this but should anything go wrong while they are here, they are old, then I need to make sure they are covered. God forbid but if either end up in hospital or worse then I need to be covered to get them home again.

Annette
NatWest used to do 6 months on their policies or try Saga.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 2:40 am

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moved: Long term insurance

Give the blue cross people a call.

http://www.bluecross.ca/travelinsurance.html

We found them to be very reasonable for my hubbys Dad and wife but that was just for the week tho.

Good luck
mrs minihaha
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:12 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

My MIL often visits for several months at a time (she's in her early 70's). Getting insurance for 2mths is fairly straightforward, but I've not found a company that offers it for longer that costs less than her flights, so it's a neat way of limiting the length of her stay
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:54 am

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubbys just told me its $ 11 per day with Blue Cross and they do long term Travel insurance up to 180 days.

Hope it helps. mrs minihaha
Old Apr 5th 2008, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

mrfollowfollow is an unknown quantity at this point

try www.insureandgo.com

or www.fool.co.uk

or www.moneysupermarket.com
Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

Yes, try Saga.