Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Move to New Brunswick or???

Move to New Brunswick or???

Old Apr 22nd 2020, 6:50 pm
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to New Brunswick or???

Originally Posted by Belfastfam
To be fair she's promised alot, she's tried and tried to get a dental technician and she's failed so it all depends on if she sticks to what she has promised and offered... They are wanting to invest in a new property to work out of so that will be a house for us to live. I own my own home in Belfast so will look to rent it for a year and see how we get on out there, that's the plan anyway
Just make sure you have everything in writing because I know people who were made great promises only to arrive and find they weren't real.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 7:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair she's promised alot, she's tried and tried to get a dental technician and she's failed so it all depends on if she sticks to what she has promised and offered... They are wanting to invest in a new property to work out of so that will be a house for us to live. I own my own home in Belfast so will look to rent it for a year and see how we get on out there, that's the plan anyway
Just a thought - but have you registered and got your Certification/License from New Brunswick Dental Society?

Dentistry is regulated in Canada - each Province licenses - and you will need that before you can practice..

http://www.newbrunswickdentaltechsas...al-technicians
https://www.nbdent.ca/about-us/licensing/

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 22nd 2020 at 8:10 pm. Reason: edited - just saw you are a technician not dentist, sorry..
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Belfastfam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Just a thought - but have you registered and got your Certification/License from New Brunswick Dental Society? Dentistry is regulated in Canada - each Province licenses - and you will need that before you can practice..
For NB = https://www.nbdent.ca/about-us/licensing/

https://www.prosthodontics.ca/Foreig..._Dentists.html

I spoke last night to her about this, we are not dentists but dental technicians and her title is denturist. The only difference is she can work directly with the public where I work off a prescription from a dentist or a denturist. She says I'm fine to work under her licence or lisense 😊
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 8:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke last night to her about this, we are not dentists but dental technicians and her title is denturist. The only difference is she can work directly with the public where I work off a prescription from a dentist or a denturist. She says I'm fine to work under her licence or lisense 😊
Hi, sorry, I misread your original post but have now updated my post with the relevant information for Dental Technician - it looks like you will need to be registed, do your own due diligence rather than rely on her giving you accurate information...

From the NB link.. http://www.newbrunswickdentaltechsas...al-technicians

"n New Brunswick, dental technicians who operate or supervise a dental laboratory are required to be registered (licensed) as a Registered Dental Technician (RDT). They possess knowledge and skills in the design, fabrication, repair and alteration of dental prosthetics that are prescribed by dentists, denturists and legally qualified health care practitioners."

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 22nd 2020 at 8:16 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Belfastfam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Hi, sorry, I misread your original post but have now updated my post with the relevant information for Dental Technician - it looks like you will need to be registed, do your own due diligence rather than rely on her giving you accurate information...

From the NB link..

"n New Brunswick, dental technicians who operate or supervise a dental laboratory are required to be registered (licensed) as a Registered Dental Technician (RDT). They possess knowledge and skills in the design, fabrication, repair and alteration of dental prosthetics that are prescribed by dentists, denturists and legally qualified health care practitioners."

Thanks for this, I have forwarded it on, I'm not surprised, as in the UK its exactly the same, normally a small fee gets you on the 'register'
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 8:23 pm
Banned

Thanks for this, I have forwarded it on, I'm not surprised, as in the UK its exactly the same, normally a small fee gets you on the 'register'
You are most welcome!

It's you that will need to register - and if she is serious about wanting you there then she needs to get you an offer in writing with all the boxes checked before you register (with a clause stating the offer is dependent on your successful registration, perhaps) - there's more than 1 step to it - it looks like you will also have to have your education assessed.. as well as your English or French language competency.. Canada are all about proving your pieces of paper and experience! (links from that page to what you have to do ) Good luck!

Once you have received your credential assessment report, contact us to obtain an application form for membership in the NBDTA. Submit the application, along with the required fees, the credential assessment report and all original documentation, for further assessment by our Board of Examiners to determine the level of membership for which you qualify and any further requirements that may be needed for you to become an RDT. If you were an RDT in another country and meet the Competency Profile of Canadian Dental Technicians, you may be granted an RDT membership without further examinations. If you do not meet the requirements, examinations may be necessary as required by the Board of Examiners.

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 22nd 2020 at 8:45 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 1:04 pm
Phaedrus by Plato (not5)

Phaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond repute

Former Lancastrian said above "I have never heard of anyone moving to Canada because of the weather." and yet its funny because thats exactly what I did! Sure there were other reasons too but I was sick of the single season in the UK of 'maybe rain, maybe cloud, might get lucky with a bit of sun and god forbid we get snow as life will be hell, and you cant do anything with it anyway' weather.
Where i live now I get a long hot beautiful summer and an awesome long snowy winter to ski, ice skate, explore the backcountry on quads, sleds, make snowmen, whatever takes your fancy. I hate going out in the rain but will get up in the middle of the night to walk in the snow if i see it, i love it! Spring is beautiful and fall is too, and rain where we are is so rare that i even welcome rainy days now too.

My brother also moved to Canada, I am in BC, he is in NB, and we both love it here and would never go back.

You can probably see you get all sorts on here, but it never ceases to amaze me how many people here are begrudging of their move to Canada. The grumpy brits who are never satisfied, another one of the reasons I left the UK and Europe behind. Canadians in general are very proud of where they live, happy, content and not wanting of much more - too right they have it so good here that I am not surprised, but fellow Brits on here, sorry, but too many of you cant seem to see how good it is over here of have forgotten how bad it was in the UK. Canada is huge and has a lot of different places so maybe its just where you are; Former Lancastrian for example i see spends time between Vancouver and St Johns, both notoriously rainy places so perhaps why is less keen on the weather here.

You only have one life, live it, if you have the opportunity to try living somewhere else you should do it, especially if not satisfied where you are. Will you regret it if you never try? Definitely.
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phaedru5
Former Lancastrian said above "I have never heard of anyone moving to Canada because of the weather." and yet its funny because thats exactly what I did! Sure there were other reasons too but I was sick of the single season in the UK of 'maybe rain, maybe cloud, might get lucky with a bit of sun and god forbid we get snow as life will be hell, and you cant do anything with it anyway' weather.
Where i live now I get a long hot beautiful summer and an awesome long snowy winter to ski, ice skate, explore the backcountry on quads, sleds, make snowmen, whatever takes your fancy. I hate going out in the rain but will get up in the middle of the night to walk in the snow if i see it, i love it! Spring is beautiful and fall is too, and rain where we are is so rare that i even welcome rainy days now too.

My brother also moved to Canada, I am in BC, he is in NB, and we both love it here and would never go back.

You can probably see you get all sorts on here, but it never ceases to amaze me how many people here are begrudging of their move to Canada. The grumpy brits who are never satisfied, another one of the reasons I left the UK and Europe behind. Canadians in general are very proud of where they live, happy, content and not wanting of much more - too right they have it so good here that I am not surprised, but fellow Brits on here, sorry, but too many of you cant seem to see how good it is over here of have forgotten how bad it was in the UK. Canada is huge and has a lot of different places so maybe its just where you are; Former Lancastrian for example i see spends time between Vancouver and St Johns, both notoriously rainy places so perhaps why is less keen on the weather here.

You only have one life, live it, if you have the opportunity to try living somewhere else you should do it, especially if not satisfied where you are. Will you regret it if you never try? Definitely.
But isn't that your point (The grumpy brits who are never satisfied, another one of the reasons I left the UK and Europe behind)? So why can't someone be happy in the UK or Europe and has to leave? Also weather has changed and different parts of Britain are getting hotter and sunnier during summer + it doesn't rain the same everywhere. Even if it rains, the OP lives close to some of the most stunning scenery in the world and apart from last year, 2018 was actually too dry and the same now. Not everyone likes skiing either and you could just do that in Andorra without a visa. Your situation was different to the OP's and were probably a Canada fan from day one with family ties?

Last edited by Moses2013; Apr 23rd 2020 at 1:28 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 1:26 pm
Phaedrus by Plato (not5)

Phaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
But isn't that your point (The grumpy brits who are never satisfied, another one of the reasons I left the UK and Europe behind)? So why can't someone be happy in the UK or Europe and has to leave? Also weather has changed and different parts of Britain are getting hotter and sunnier during summer + it doesn't rain the same everywhere. Even if it rains, the OP lives close to some of the most stunning scenery in the world and apart from last year, 2018 was actually too dry and the same now. Not everyone likes skiing either and you could just do that in Andorra without a visa.
As a lifelong fan of skiing believe me being able to do it every weekend and most evenings with only a short drive to the ski hill is far better, easier, cheaper, more convenient and more plentiful than taking a weeks vacation to an overpriced, overcrowded european ski resort and take pot luck with the weather conditions on the week you booked in advance! Granted not everyone likes skiing, and not everyone who does lives that close to a ski hill. But I do and thats why I moved to where I live. Just like I recommend others move to places near to things they love to do. I just see and hear so many people unsatisfied with their life and yet we are only here on earth once, depending on what you believe, and we should make the most of it, try new things, live in a place where you can do what you like doing all the time, not just on vacation. Just trying to be motivational and encourage people to get more out of their lives, you will regret far more that you didnt do on your deathbed than the things you did do.
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phaedru5
As a lifelong fan of skiing believe me being able to do it every weekend and most evenings with only a short drive to the ski hill is far better, easier, cheaper, more convenient and more plentiful than taking a weeks vacation to an overpriced, overcrowded european ski resort and take pot luck with the weather conditions on the week you booked in advance! Granted not everyone likes skiing, and not everyone who does lives that close to a ski hill. But I do and thats why I moved to where I live. Just like I recommend others move to places near to things they love to do. I just see and hear so many people unsatisfied with their life and yet we are only here on earth once, depending on what you believe, and we should make the most of it, try new things, live in a place where you can do what you like doing all the time, not just on vacation. Just trying to be motivational and encourage people to get more out of their lives, you will regret far more that you didnt do on your deathbed than the things you did do.
Well that was my point too and your situation was different to the OP's. The OP is not far from the most stunning scenery in the world, has a job, has a home and healthy kids. Unless skiing was the main passion, Riverview wouldn't be the place to go anyway. Not every ski resort in Europe is crowded either and no doubt Canada can be great too, but just because you didn't like your life in Europe doesn't mean it's all bad. In reality the OP could just move to nicer part of the country, so it's more relevant to know what the OP wants.
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I don't spend time between those places but live in a place between them I certainly didn't move here for the weather (ex wife Canadian) but I had visited several times before I moved both in summer and winter and knew what to expect. I am very satisfied with life in Canada but even I admit it is not perfect however rather than grumbling all the time about this that and the other I just get on with it. The option of being able to move to another country is not always available to everyone but at the end of the day it has to be that persons choice and not from some comments on a website.
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

I looked back over this thread and I am not sure why one would conclude it is grumpy and negative. It has, I think, been encouraging, with some common sense caveats and things to think about that are directly relevant to the OPs situation.
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Hi everyone,
New here, first post!
So for years now I've considered moving away from Belfast, where I live now. I got the travelling bug after 8 months in Australia in 2008. So fast forward 12 years I'm now married with 2 kids aged 2 and 6. I'm a fully qualified dental technician (University degree) and seems that our numbers are short all over the world!
Last year I seen a job on Facebook in New Brunswick, had to Google as I hadn't a clue where it was or is but now after a year of research I know more than most lol!!!
I've been now offered the job and have done my settlement plan, they say it won't be long and we'll be granted the AIPP visa?
So basically just wanting to hear other people's stories about New Brunswick now, we have sussed out Riverview as a place to live, my employer has said she will buy a place to set up a new denture clinic for me to work and for me and my family to live. The schools look good and riverview seems to have a nice community feel. Me and my wife have a decent life here in Northern Ireland but I'm always searching for something else and think Canada will offer alot more for my kids.
Look forward to hearing other people's similar stories
Thanks and look forward to replies

I lived in NB for 8 years. 4 in Moncton 4 in Riverview. I left a year and half ago due to near fatal boredom and frustration.

I would start by echoing what a few of the other posts have said. I would highly recommend that you visit first to see if NB is for you. I would take any offer with a pinch unless you have a cast iron contract. Most skilled/educated people in NB up and go to points west. This is due to lack of opportunity, crap wages and crap conditions. This can mean that things can be dressed up to be better than they are as they are desperate to fill a slot.

You mention that your profession in in demand all over the world. My Mrs who is Moncton born and bred laughed and asked why in your right mind would you move to NB if you are spoiled for choice?

Dont let the cheap property fool you. Houses and petrol are cheaper. Everything else is more expensive. Some things are legalized theft! Plenty of other threads about that. Get used to paying more and having a lot less choice. Others have mentioned the winters. We had electricity bills in the colder months of $400 and up. New build townhouse with 2 people living there. Dont underestimate how much extra you will spend just to exist in NB never mind live.

The schools are not that great. NB Francophone is the worst system in Canada. NB Anglophone 2nd worst by most measures. A lot of the locals are not surprisingly thick as...
2/3 of adults in NB are functionally illiterate. Quite sad really.
NB is one if not the poorest province in Canada. The public services suffer as a result. My experience of the healthcare service was bloody awful. Very long waiting times for an appointment (6-7 months) and then 5 months waiting for a scan, 6 more months for another appointment to be told that there is nothing that can be done. Here in ON I waited 2 weeks for an appointment, 2 weeks for a scan and was told that there are a range of treatments available to me and that I could begin treatment the following week. Angry does not start to describe it.

Riverview is a nice enough small town but I would not describe it as having a community feel. There are a few things going on in the summer but not much else. You live in Riverview but would work/shop/go out in Moncton/Dieppe. You will have to drive as the bus service is crap. Moncton and Dieppe are much better served. Having said that the service stops at about 10 pm even on a weekend!

Life in NB is limited if you like going out, arts, live music, sports etc. Moncton has most things that you would need on a day to day basis shops wise and there are a few decent pubs and restaurants on Main st. They are lively on Fri and Sat but dead outside of that. There are no beer gardens and you cant take your kids. It doesnt take long to get bored with them. Going beyond that it is an 8 hour drive to Boston or 10 hours to Montreal for big city stuff. Not something that you would do on any sort of regular basis. Going on holiday after you have explored the region will involve long expensive often multiple flights or very very long drives. Forget cheap Euro culture weekends or affordable beach holidays. They just dont exist. NB is mostly rural. Dont think that equates to pretty and quaint idylls to be discovered. They are just a string of vinyl houses and maybe Tim Hortons or a petrol station in the middle. Country pubs dont exist.

Canada may well offer your kids more and NB is perfectly nice for the age that they are, kids do seem to grow up slower than the UK, however once they get to their teens I cant imagine that they would thank you for it and may well be itching to leave before Uni age. They might not be drinking cider in the park, smashing windows and setting fire to beach huts but they might grow up being a bit dull and a bit thick.

Most immigrants stay for a few years and then leave due to a lack of opportunity and diversity. I firmly believe that a lot of this is down to the attitude of the people there. You can live there for a lifetime and you would still be as they say from away. Many immigrants have skills and knowledge that they never get to use as they are viewed as inferior. The reality is that in NB they are a long way behind in a lot of ways. Get used to answering the same 3 questions - Where are you from? How long have you been here? Do you like it? sometimes you get the 4th - When are you leaving? Dont mistake the locals being friendly at you for being friendly towards you. They are just curious as you are a novelty. People are generally quite insular not really friendly at all. My Mrs noticed how differently people treat me here vs in NB. Not everyone in NB is thick and racist hence the Mrs however you would easily be forgiven for thinking that. Her words not mine!

I am not trying to pee in your cornflakes mate. There are many good things about life in NB but there are plenty of negatives as well. Given my time over I would not have moved there, I dont regret it but if I never went back there it would be a day too soon.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 12:25 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex2201
I lived in NB for 8 years. 4 in Moncton 4 in Riverview. I left a year and half ago due to near fatal boredom and frustration.

I would start by echoing what a few of the other posts have said. I would highly recommend that you visit first to see if NB is for you. I would take any offer with a pinch unless you have a cast iron contract. Most skilled/educated people in NB up and go to points west. This is due to lack of opportunity, crap wages and crap conditions. This can mean that things can be dressed up to be better than they are as they are desperate to fill a slot.

You mention that your profession in in demand all over the world. My Mrs who is Moncton born and bred laughed and asked why in your right mind would you move to NB if you are spoiled for choice?

Dont let the cheap property fool you. Houses and petrol are cheaper. Everything else is more expensive. Some things are legalized theft! Plenty of other threads about that. Get used to paying more and having a lot less choice. Others have mentioned the winters. We had electricity bills in the colder months of $400 and up. New build townhouse with 2 people living there. Dont underestimate how much extra you will spend just to exist in NB never mind live.

The schools are not that great. NB Francophone is the worst system in Canada. NB Anglophone 2nd worst by most measures. A lot of the locals are not surprisingly thick as...
2/3 of adults in NB are functionally illiterate. Quite sad really.
NB is one if not the poorest province in Canada. The public services suffer as a result. My experience of the healthcare service was bloody awful. Very long waiting times for an appointment (6-7 months) and then 5 months waiting for a scan, 6 more months for another appointment to be told that there is nothing that can be done. Here in ON I waited 2 weeks for an appointment, 2 weeks for a scan and was told that there are a range of treatments available to me and that I could begin treatment the following week. Angry does not start to describe it.

Riverview is a nice enough small town but I would not describe it as having a community feel. There are a few things going on in the summer but not much else. You live in Riverview but would work/shop/go out in Moncton/Dieppe. You will have to drive as the bus service is crap. Moncton and Dieppe are much better served. Having said that the service stops at about 10 pm even on a weekend!

Life in NB is limited if you like going out, arts, live music, sports etc. Moncton has most things that you would need on a day to day basis shops wise and there are a few decent pubs and restaurants on Main st. They are lively on Fri and Sat but dead outside of that. There are no beer gardens and you cant take your kids. It doesnt take long to get bored with them. Going beyond that it is an 8 hour drive to Boston or 10 hours to Montreal for big city stuff. Not something that you would do on any sort of regular basis. Going on holiday after you have explored the region will involve long expensive often multiple flights or very very long drives. Forget cheap Euro culture weekends or affordable beach holidays. They just dont exist. NB is mostly rural. Dont think that equates to pretty and quaint idylls to be discovered. They are just a string of vinyl houses and maybe Tim Hortons or a petrol station in the middle. Country pubs dont exist.

Canada may well offer your kids more and NB is perfectly nice for the age that they are, kids do seem to grow up slower than the UK, however once they get to their teens I cant imagine that they would thank you for it and may well be itching to leave before Uni age. They might not be drinking cider in the park, smashing windows and setting fire to beach huts but they might grow up being a bit dull and a bit thick.

Most immigrants stay for a few years and then leave due to a lack of opportunity and diversity. I firmly believe that a lot of this is down to the attitude of the people there. You can live there for a lifetime and you would still be as they say from away. Many immigrants have skills and knowledge that they never get to use as they are viewed as inferior. The reality is that in NB they are a long way behind in a lot of ways. Get used to answering the same 3 questions - Where are you from? How long have you been here? Do you like it? sometimes you get the 4th - When are you leaving? Dont mistake the locals being friendly at you for being friendly towards you. They are just curious as you are a novelty. People are generally quite insular not really friendly at all. My Mrs noticed how differently people treat me here vs in NB. Not everyone in NB is thick and racist hence the Mrs however you would easily be forgiven for thinking that. Her words not mine!

I am not trying to pee in your cornflakes mate. There are many good things about life in NB but there are plenty of negatives as well. Given my time over I would not have moved there, I dont regret it but if I never went back there it would be a day too soon.
Oh heavens I so miss you Alex...you sound negative... but I sooo agree with everything you have said...I just wish I had read it before I set off for here originally ! That being said, I would probably have done it anyway!

I am so glad that things are going well!

Lots of best wishes

Old Apr 24th 2020, 6:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think there were beer gardens in Canada At least not like I know from England. I googled beer gardens and Toronto and was surprised to see pictures of people at tables under cover or actually indoors . But there were others. They appear to be roof top or patio, basically an outside area as opposed to what one will experience back in the UK. In that case there are half a dozen on Main St and three or four elsewhere downtown.

5 Reasons Why Businesses Are Moving to Moncton
Moncton, New Brunswick’s largest city, has been called the politest city in Canada and the most competitive on the eastern seaboard. That almost sums up why business is booming in Moncton.
Moncton’s population has grown almost 10 percent in the past decade, nearly twice the national rate. Yet it remains affordable...According to the most recent census figures, the City of Moncton’s immigrant population has doubled since the 2011–2016 period to about 7.4 percent. The city was the first in New Brunswick to hire an immigration strategy officer. “We do everything possible to make sure newcomers integrate into the community and that they want to stay here,”...Nearby Mount Allison has been ranked first by Maclean’s magazine 19 times, including this year, the UniversitĂ© de Moncton attracts many francophones from the region and abroad...Moncton is home to over one hundred IT firms, according to the mayor’s office, with over 2,400 people employed in the tech sector.

In collaboration with local and provincial governments, Toronto-based financial technology firm Dream Payments opened their first “centre of excellence” in downtown Moncton July 2017...Moncton has topped the list for most cost-competitive city in Canada by KPMG for four consecutive studies, based on factors such as labour, facilities, transportation, utilities, and taxes. All that for a city with a vibrant arts and culture scene, hip local breweries, an authentic community feeling, and affordable property values.
https://www.immigrationgreatermoncto...reater-moncton

I should make a new slogan

Moncton. It's in New Brunswick but it's not New Brunswick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.