Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Motorcycle Testing/Training Calgary

Motorcycle Testing/Training Calgary

Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

MR MOM will become famous soon enoughMR MOM will become famous soon enough
Default Motorcycle Testing/Training Calgary

Like many, i had to give up my bike licence when i landed in 2005 and have put off doing anything about it since.
Bsically Ihad a licence in UK for 7 years and haven't ridden since landing here.
Has anybody done any training here in the Calgary area or testing/training?
Ihave done some searching and it would appear there are a few schools that offer a full day with the test at the end.
Unfortunately i don't have a bike and would have to borrow one.
Any takers/info
thanks.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

danniek will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Motorcycle Testing/Training Calgary

TooCool is the best one in the city. IMO.

http://www.toocoolmotorcycleschool.com/index.php?id=1

Be aware though, that some are still including the test in their fees. This is no longer able to happen due to government changes that occurred in January. You will have to go and buy the permit from a registry to do the test. That will run you an extra $80-$125ish on top of the fee for the course.

As well, dont forget that you have to do the written exam too. So grab both the motorcycle book and the learner book from the registry and brush up.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

yorkie lad is an unknown quantity at this point

not wishing to back one m/c licence trainer against another, but have to agree with above. I have friends that have trained with 'Too Cool' and said they were very good. All equipment from the m/c to helmets etc etc is provided.....
Old Apr 12th 2009, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replys I've contacted them today.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Forgot to ask, do they do the testing for you also or do you have to go elsewhere.How does the system work including theory testing?
Old Apr 12th 2009, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

danniek will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MR MOM
Forgot to ask, do they do the testing for you also or do you have to go elsewhere.How does the system work including theory testing?
You must complete the written exam before you are able to complete the road test. Some training schools will make you do the written test before you even start the training. So, better safe than sorry and just do the written test before you do any of the others. That is done at any registry. It will cost you $17.60 every time you write it. So study. (The registry will also do a vision test on you when you pass to make sure you meet the vision standards).

When you pass, you do your course and the school will give you a list of registries that you can go to and purchase the motorcycle permit. You go to one of those registries, pay the $80-$120ish and the registry will give you a permit. You then take that to the motorcycle school and they will arrange the road test with the rest of your class.