Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Motorcycle shipping from the UK

Motorcycle shipping from the UK

Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

262kph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Motorcycle shipping from the UK

Has anyone shipped a motorbike over from the UK to Canada, Halifax NS, in particular?
I am wondering if it will be worth it cost wise and how much trouble it is to get it registered in Canada?
Any info would be appreciated or websites to look at?

Thanks
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all
Default Re: Motorcycle shipping from the UK

hi there

If you do a search this has been discussed a few times. If I can summarise, you can't import a motorcycle to Canada unless its at least 15 years old or to US spec. I think this means constructed to North American spec so its not as simple as changing clocks etc.

Cheers
Tom
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:13 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Motorcycle shipping from the UK

We brought two bikes over with us but they were both classic off road bikes. OH sold his modern ones before we left UK - has regreted it ever since - much dearer to buy replacements here.