Motorcycle Licence

Motorcycle Licence

Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

262kph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Motorcycle Licence

Hi,
Can anyone help with this?
We are hopefully moving to Nova Scotia this year.
I know that you have to resit your driving test within 90 days, to gain your Canadian Driving licence. But is it the same for a motorcycle licence. I hold one here in the UK, do i just need to sit a test in Nova Scotia and then i can ride any bike?

Thanks....
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Motorcycle Licence

Originally Posted by 262kph
Hi,
Can anyone help with this?
We are hopefully moving to Nova Scotia this year.
I know that you have to resit your driving test within 90 days, to gain your Canadian Driving licence. But is it the same for a motorcycle licence. I hold one here in the UK, do i just need to sit a test in Nova Scotia and then i can ride any bike?

Thanks....
Yes you have to re-sit your motorbike licence as well, we're not too impressed
Although we do know somebody from the UK, now living in NS who re-sat his car test, which he passed, and while he was waiting for his OH to do her test was talking to somebody at the licence place, about his motorbike licence and they added it on to his NS licence. He also had his airbrake tests etc for his HGV licence booked, so maybe this was the reason.

Rosie

Last edited by RodRos&Co.; Jan 27th 2008 at 9:25 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:22 pm
yeah....I can do that !

Marathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Motorcycle Licence

Hi. Yes , unfortunately you'll have to ! I held a Motorcycle license for more years than I care to remember and still no cigar ......not only that , but if you just do a straight test , you'll be limited to no night time riding and no passengers for six months !!!:curse: Sooooo....you'll do what I ended up doing.....: A 3 day course with the test at the end of it.....that way the limitations are only for 1 month. Yeah...i KNOW....the thought of a course sucks.......but I actually didn't mind it once under way and even thought it a reasonable 'refresher' .......ah well....maybe getting old Be ready for a MAJOR shock if you're planning to ride a 'Sports Bike' Insurance quotes will make you faint !!!!! To my eternal shame , I'll admit to have settled for a cruiser.......yep....bad *ss black and acres of chrome.....OH loves it tho....
On the plus side........oodles of empty roads......oh, and EVERYBODY has a bike !
Bo