Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Mother's name on Canadian Birth Certificate

Mother's name on Canadian Birth Certificate

Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mother's name on Canadian Birth Certificate

Does anyone know if they put the mother's maiden name on a child's birth certificate under "mother's name" instead of her married name?

Little Live 2 Ski's birth certificate arrived today and although I put put my married name on the application, the envelope was addressed to me in my married name, and my MSP / SIN / tax etc. is in my married name, the birth certificate has my name as my maiden name.

That's it. No other information etc. saying that this is my maiden name as opposed to my married name. Just one line for "mother's name".

It did ask on the application if I had been known by any other names, so I put my maiden name. But under the regular "mother's name" I put my married name.

This seems rather odd to me.