Reload this Page >

Motels/Hotels in Calgary

Wikiposts

Motels/Hotels in Calgary

Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:57 am
Just Joined

canadapr98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Motels/Hotels in Calgary

I am planning to make a trip to Calgary in the 1st week of May for a week or 10 days to search for an apartment, and jobs; before I move there permanently in June.

I am looking for some decent hotels / motels to stay for a week or 10 days, and not that expensive.

Please advise on the motels and hotels. Appreciate your responses.

Thanks.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of
Default Re: Motels/Hotels in Calgary

What part of the city do you want to stay in? Do you know what part of the city you want to work/live?

I would say the hotels in the downtown and the airport would be the most expensive.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply, justkidding. I am looking for NW or SW areas to stay during the visit.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 2:05 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Try the "motel village" strip of hotels in the NW. They are on the road right outside Banff Trail C Train Station. Think Comfort Inn, Ramada, Travelodge type places, although there is some construction going on so choose carefully!

There are also a number of hotels along Macleod Trail which heads south e.g. Days Inn, Travelodge, Holiday Inn, Delta, etc. Pick one close to a C Train station then you don't always have to drive everywhere.

Some of the downtown hotels aren't as expensive as you may think and you can get some good deals out there if you check their offers pages.

What kind of budget did you have in mind?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, Flossie and Jim. My budget is approx. 50 - 65 dollars per night.

I am not sure whether I can find anything with this range. Please let me know.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Hey, I was looking for hotels/motels in Calgary too.
Prices are high, but if you phone up the motels directly and ask for a weekly rate. They may broker you a deal.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:38 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

You might be pushing it - hotel prices seem to be quite pricey for May, but you might strike lucky. You could always contact the hotel direct and see if they could do you a better rate than published for a week or ten days.

At the cheaper end of Motel Village you could check out:
- Econo Lodge Motel Village $75 advance or AA
- Canadas Best Value Inn $79 if AA or you sign up for their club card
- Super 8 Village Calgary $80

Have a look at the reviews on Tripadvisor or Expedia to see if they sound ok - I haven't stayed at any of them so can't vouch for what they are like!

Also try the Expedia and Travelocity type sites for long lists of hotels at a glance.

Others might be able to help out with names of the budget places to stay down south.

Failing that a few people on here have basements they rent out to people on reccies that might be reasonable too.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:42 pm
Happy Bunnies

Here's a few B&B's that might be worth checking out too:
http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g15...ta-Hotels.html

Or how about a hostel if its just you?

Last edited by Flossie and Jim; Apr 18th 2013 at 3:48 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Thank you, Tony_Tiger, and Flossie and Jim for your tips.

Flossie and Jim, I will call the motels you have mentioned and ask them regarding the weekly rates.

By the way, what are hostels? Where can I find the details regarding them? Thanks.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

My family used to run a motel in Calgary. They have unpublished weekly rates. that are around like $50-60 if the guest is staying foe a fixed time.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Hi Tony_Tiger,

As Flossie and Jim suggested; I have found Canada Best Value Inn for $74 per night; and I am planning to stay there. Also, I have frequent stay points in couple of hotel chains and planning to use the points. Only downside is I need to check out the hotels every 2 to 3 days.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Hopefully, the trip will be fruitful in finding jobs and apartments.