Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

mortgage - how soon/how much

mortgage - how soon/how much

Old Jun 17th 2008, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all
Default mortgage - how soon/how much

hello,

we hope to be touching down in Nova Scotia in around 5 weeks time.

wondering, how soon can i get a mortgage if i am on a twp? hoping to apply for residency within the 1st year.

also, how much downpayment would i have to put down.

How much can i borrow if i was on $55,000 per annum?

i have a job waiting for me.

thanks, Grant
Old Jun 17th 2008, 4:48 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mortgage - how soon/how much

You can get a mortgage right away.

The Wiki article called Mortgages-Canada has a section called How much can I borrow?

Hope that helps.
x
Old Jun 17th 2008, 6:47 am
Nearly there! Tick, tock!

Erinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to all
Smile Re: mortgage - how soon/how much

HI G&D,

Whereabouts in NS are you looking at?

We are to settle anywhere between Shubenacadie and Chester, eventually when LMO arrives/house sells..............

I met up with an excellent mortgage advisor last time I was over there, who came up with some good deals - obviously it's a better idea to meet these people when you're ready to buy.

If you want i can PM you his details, as he's mobile he will meet you anywhere you want.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all

thanks for the replies.

thanks Judy, i found out some good info from the Wiki. We always enjoy reading your informative replies on British Expats!!!!

Hi Erinbrooke,

we are looking at maybe being east or north of dartmouth. Fall river, porters lake etc. maybe about 20 to 30 mins outside of town would be ideal for us as we like the tranquility.

maybe you could give us a PM with some info.

thankyou. G+d!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:57 am
Nearly there! Tick, tock!

Erinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to all
Smile Re: mortgage - how soon/how much

Hi G&D,

I have PM'd you that info.

Regs,

Erinbrooke.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

We started our mortgage before we arrived and completed all forms via email and day after we arrived we signed for house.