Reload this Page >

Money Transfer

Money Transfer

Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul5455 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Money Transfer

hi guys
just a quick note to say that i used HiFX to transfer my £££ over to my canadian account
very simple and easy to use

also used travelex to transfer a small amount (£500) that i will use for spending money until my account is up and running. again, very easy to use and money arrives quick, special delivery for no charge!

something for those nearing the end to bear in mind!
Old Sep 17th 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Default Re: Money Transfer

what rate did you get?
Old Sep 17th 2009, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

rogsheff is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul

We are looking at companies to use to transfer funds as an alternative to HSBC. Are you able to expand further on your experience of HIFX ? What did you have to do to set your account up ? Was it a decent exchange rate ? Can you secure a fixed exchange rate ?

Anyone who could add their own experience of exchange companies, positive or otherwise, would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 2:33 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rogsheff
Hi Paul

We are looking at companies to use to transfer funds as an alternative to HSBC. Are you able to expand further on your experience of HIFX ? What did you have to do to set your account up ? Was it a decent exchange rate ? Can you secure a fixed exchange rate ?

Anyone who could add their own experience of exchange companies, positive or otherwise, would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hey Rog - there are lots of threads on this sort of thing, do a quick search and you'll get advice on which companies offer the most compettive rate as well as the set-up process.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Hi Paul

Thanks.
Hi Rogsheff

We have used HIFX and Moneycorp, personally speaking we found Moneycorp more reliable and we have done 2 transactions with each company.

HIFX messed up on one of our deals and it took 7 days for the money to arrive with no real apology, we needed this money for our house purchase so it was a real pain.

Having said bad things about HIFX, many of my clients have used them with no problems at all. I guess go with the company that offers the best deal and play them off against each other.

Sam
Old Sep 17th 2009, 3:41 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul

Thanks.
Do as hobbess susgests. We used moneycorp and they were OK. I had access to live FX rates when I traded with them and they always gave me a better rate when I asked.

Not sure what you mean by securing a 'fixed' exchange rate. However, most brokers will do a forward trade (where you agree a price now for a fixed date in the future), and they will do an order (where you specify the price and they tell you if and when it trades). I think some will offer a service where you can also fix the price for regular transfers over a period (e.g. monthly for six months), but I have no experience of doing this.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Cool Re: Money Transfer

i think i got 1.74 something for my rate.
i havent used moneycorp but was quite impressed with Hifx.
although i did need an international clearing code for the bank, which my contact had never heard of!
apparently its a hifx thing!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 2:42 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul5455
although i did need an international clearing code for the bank, which my contact had never heard of!
******* hell!

Last edited by meauxna; Sep 18th 2009 at 7:11 pm. Reason: don't go 'round the sweary filter please
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

calgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant future

What is the fastest means of getting money across to Canada
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

is 1.74 good or bad?!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:18 am

is 1.74 good or bad?!
Given the rate is now actually around 1.74 it's ok considering (you weren't ripped off or anything). i'm just surprised how low GBP has gone. Friday last week it was around 1.80

Then again - it's been lower. Most of the year it was aorund 1.76, but it had spiked up in the last few weeks. Mervin King gave a speech at the start of the week - was fairly bearish in outlook and so GBP moved low (not just against CAD, but everything). My advice - you've done the deal - forget about the rate.

Last edited by Alan2005; Sep 18th 2009 at 4:22 am.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Given the rate is now actually around 1.74 it's ok considering (you weren't ripped off or anything). i'm just surprised how low GBP has gone. Friday last week it was around 1.80
i got it for 1.7451. i know, but i only transferred £5k so doesnt make that much difference to me!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Paul

Thanks.
Hi Rogsheff,

Pm me, I'll give you the details of a guy who is superb. He'll deal too! I opened four accounts with all the big players and this guy beat them all at $1.8025 three weeks ago, when all the other guys were offering a max of $1.7845 Not much of a difference I know, now multiply that the difference by £50k!!! and that's how much extra I had.

Brilliant service, and exchanged the same day into my account in Canada.

Seriously! Anyone looking to transfer money - especially large sums - Pm me and I'll give you the guys details.

Y
Old Sep 18th 2009, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Paul,

You did me a favour with Sam, now I'll do you one. Don't do anymore money until you've PM'd me, and try this guy out.

Even Sam's colleague at TD bank, past comment in her e-mail how fast our funds hit our Canadian account!

$1.74 is riddiculous!

Y

Last edited by Yogi-Bear; Sep 18th 2009 at 6:21 am.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alan2005
edit hell!
My thoughts exactly!

I'm guessing all the Moderators are fast asleep.

Y

Last edited by meauxna; Sep 18th 2009 at 7:12 pm. Reason: we wake up eventually. :) play nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.