Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Monarch flight 337 to Calgary 20th December

Monarch flight 337 to Calgary 20th December

Old Dec 20th 2008, 1:42 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Monarch flight 337 to Calgary 20th December

Here I am all tense again - daughter coming over for Christmas. She is booked on the Monarch flight which originally was supposed to leave Gatwick 9.00 am but was changed to noon. Have now had a couple of text messages giving me updates on flight and after several saying flight was delayed have just received one saying they are actually on the plane but still wont feel relaxed until I know it is in the air. Thank goodness for flight tracking.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monarch flight 337 to Calgary 20th December

After last year's fiasco, I trust she will end up in Calgary via a direct route! Have a wonderful time with her over Xmas
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:00 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ann, yes this was a direct flight booked through Canadian Affair and booked around March this year!!!! No more Air Canada (at the moment) thank you! Tracker says the flight has now taxied so they are on their way (boyfriend coming also), sort of! Hope you and your family have a good Christmas, best wishes Bev
Old Dec 20th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

good luck for a wonderful time
Old Dec 20th 2008, 8:36 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by chumley
good luck for a wonderful time
Thank you. Flight nearer here than London now and will be leaving soon to do battle on the Deerfoot!!! Hope you have a good Christmas
Old Dec 20th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
Thank you. Flight nearer here than London now and will be leaving soon to do battle on the Deerfoot!!! Hope you have a good Christmas
Hope she survived 9 hours with the Inghams guests

Have a lovely family Christmas together!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:14 am
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by adele
Hope she survived 9 hours with the Inghams guests

Have a lovely family Christmas together!
Yes they did, although they had to wait a while for their luggage! There were at least 6 - 8 Inghams Reps waiting, must have been a big crowd.

It is so nice to have our family complete again for the Christmas holidays. Our daughter has come over with her boyfriend and I hope we can show him some good old Calgary hospitality whilst he is here, although I don't think he was too impressed with the 26 below welcome committee!!! They have just had to turn in - these young folk just don't have the staying power of us oldies!!!!!!! Mind you, in their defence, they did spend seven hours at Gatwick before their flight took off!

I am in seventh heaven with my family complete again, for two weeks at least
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they did, although they had to wait a while for their luggage! There were at least 6 - 8 Inghams Reps waiting, must have been a big crowd.

It is so nice to have our family complete again for the Christmas holidays. Our daughter has come over with her boyfriend and I hope we can show him some good old Calgary hospitality whilst he is here, although I don't think he was too impressed with the 26 below welcome committee!!! They have just had to turn in - these young folk just don't have the staying power of us oldies!!!!!!! Mind you, in their defence, they did spend seven hours at Gatwick before their flight took off!

Aww that's lovely - hope you all have a lovely Christmas together!

I remember when I was one of the little army of Inghams reps at Calgary airport - twice a week every week all winter, aaah the memories! (I worked in Panorama). I have a friend who is working in Kimberley for Inghams this winter, she might well have been one of the ones you saw...and I probably know at least a couple of the others too

But anyway, hope your daughter & bf are getting over their jetlag and are making the most of the Calgary hospitality

A xxx
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:20 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by adele

But anyway, hope your daughter & bf are getting over their jetlag and are making the most of the Calgary hospitality

A xxx
Yes getting over the jet lag but not sure about the -28 greeting best wishes have a good Christmas.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry missed this one, great to see your DD and her boyfriend have arrived safely, i have mine all hear plus the new Granddaughter but they are off to Scotland Christmas eve to stay with girlfriends family,

Just wondering how they manage to get anything done, they are all so tired and disorganised or is it the hotel mum and dad makes them that way

Probably be joining you next year in the watching and waiting for all there flights to arrive think i will get them to all fly together, don't think i could stand the strain 3 times over

Have fun and enjoy your family

Merry Christmas x
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:22 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by Coffeepot

Probably be joining you next year in the watching and waiting for all there flights to arrive think i will get them to all fly together, don't think i could stand the strain 3 times over
Good idea to get them all to travel together would save on a lot of stress and travelling back and forth to the airport! Best wishes for a happy Christmas from our family to yours