Reload this Page >

Mobile Homes!!

Mobile Homes!!

Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Mobile Homes!!

Originally Posted by R I C H
A trailer would suit Gaz perfectly - as a Scouser he's probably used to things being raised on bricks
Last time i post on here me thinks, if thats the attitude some of you idiots have, this is supposed to be a helpful forum i assume? so why dont you try helping people , even us so called robbing scousers and stop being pathetic !!

On my move to Canada i hope I dont find people are as inconsiderate and dumb as you lot
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:34 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gaz67
On my move to Canada i hope I dont find people are as inconsiderate and dumb as you lot
Living in a Mobile Park? Probably.

Seriously though, i'd think twice about looking to live in one. Think of something like a cross between a council estate and a gypsy caravan site.

That's a bit of a generalisation but the ones i've seen pretty much fit the bill.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:34 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Last time i post on here me thinks, if thats the attitude some of you idiots have, this is supposed to be a helpful forum i assume? so why dont you try helping people , even us so called robbing scousers and stop being pathetic !!

Get over yourself. I'm from Merseyside too.

If light hearted banter's really that difficult to accept, you're going to find integrating as an immigrant nigh on impossible.

I've previously posted perfectly helpful advice to you. If you don't like it, then try another forum.

Last edited by R I C H; Oct 21st 2009 at 9:47 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of

On my move to Canada i hope I dont find people are as inconsiderate and dumb as you lot[/QUOTE]

Oh, we'll be there, you just won't find us as we won't be hanging around the trailer parks.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of

If light hearted banter's really that difficult to accept, you're going to find integrating as an immigrate nigh on impossible.

I've previously posted perfectly helpful advice to you. If you don't like it, then try another forum.
Ooops we seem to be dropping a lot lead balloons tonight

Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

If light hearted banter's really that difficult to accept, you're going to find integrating as an immigrate nigh on impossible.

You have indeed gave me good advice before Rich and i thank you for it , hence i expected better response from your self. I do like light hearted banter, but I did post this with the intention of ... yes they are worth it short term or no defo not or at least some useful advice not slaggin off people with low incomes whom have to live in these homes or people from Liverpool either..

We dont all live in mansions to begin with and some of us did come from council estates and are better people for it. I will fit in fine in Canada dont worry about me.

Also I will stay with this forum because the majority of people have been very helpful im happy to say.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:02 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Here in MB:-

trailer = you can pull it with a family vehicle

mobile home = its delivered on a truck.

Mobile homes are built just as well (some say better, as they have to withstand moving) as conventional new homes.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:08 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

You have indeed gave me good advice before Rich and i thank you for it , hence i expected better response from your self. I do like light hearted banter, but I did post this with the intention of ... yes they are worth it short term or no defo not or at least some useful advice not slaggin off people with low incomes whom have to live in these homes or people from Liverpool either..

We dont all live in mansions to begin with and some of us did come from council estates and are better people for it. I will fit in fine in Canada dont worry about me.

Also I will stay with this forum because the majority of people have been very helpful im happy to say.
You'll notice after a while on the forum Gaz that if you don't get a useful answer in the first few responses, it's unlikely that you will. Most degenerate into humour, banter, or move off topic. It's just the nature of online conversation.

You mustn't take any of it to heart or too personally. Liverpudlian's have a reputation/stereotype associated with them. That doesn't mean it applies to you (or me), but I'm sure you can distinguish between a personal attack, and a bit of humour, especially when a is added
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:26 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I think, but stand to be corrected, that in BC a trailer is on wheels (even if it needs a semi to tow it) and a manufactured home isn't.
I just asked a real live Canadian in my office and he understood what a mobile home is. It seems that mobile home and trailer are inter-changeable terms. Most people say trailer, but the trailer parks call themselves mobile home parks because it sounds posher.

Last edited by JonboyE; Oct 21st 2009 at 9:54 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:30 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Whatever you wish, what do we know, we only live here. Trailer is a slang, as is double wide and single wide used in common language. I have never heard a reference to a mobile other than on that site and I doubt anyone in conversation other than a Realtor would have a clue what you are talking about.

We use them for our employee accommodation and they work fine. A new one is not that inexpensive though for what it is. Often when you buy one, you usually don't own the pad, you have to pay a pad rent.
My girlfriend's uncle just sold his mobile home and her family and their realtor all referred to it as a mobile home. But what do they know? They only grew up here and they're only Canadian.

And the fact is you all knew what he meant, but why let that stop a good pedantic jibe.

Last edited by Oink; Oct 21st 2009 at 9:35 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:36 pm
Pea Brain

I sold a double wide trailer a couple of years ago. As JonboyE noted, it had wheels and a hitch, so the name makes sense.

Oh, and it sat on bricks too

Edited to add that the paperwork involved in de-commissioning it from my land and selling it on to another party was a pain in the ass.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:53 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
Here in MB:-

trailer = you can pull it with a family vehicle

mobile home = its delivered on a truck.

Mobile homes are built just as well (some say better, as they have to withstand moving) as conventional new homes.
Same in Alberta.

Mobile homes are parked (jacked up and placed on blocks) on a concrete pad in a mobile home park.

Manufactured homes are delivered in sections to a home site on the back of a truck and are assembled on a foundation. They do not have a metal frame with wheels and cannot be towed.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 10:07 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

There there dear, don't get your knickers in a twist
Old Oct 21st 2009, 10:10 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
My girlfriend's uncle just sold his mobile home and her family and their realtor all referred to it as a mobile home. But what do they know? They only grew up here and they're only Canadian.

And the fact is you all knew what he meant, but why let that stop a good pedantic jibe.
You're probably quite right. However I have still never heard the term used here.

Last edited by Aviator; Oct 21st 2009 at 10:12 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 10:15 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink

Are you sure it's not a speech impediment? Saying that, i'm not sure why they'd use a Realtor to sell a Nokia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.