Reload this Page >

Mississauga - please advise

Mississauga - please advise

Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

arnoldmarlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mississauga - please advise

Originally Posted by sairas
My husband and i and our 2 kids (aged 4 and 7) will be moving to Toronto within a year from London UK and i wondered if you think that Mississauga would be good for us. my girls goes to a private school but i was thinking of us moving into a good area (bit more upmarket) where the state schools are excellent and my husband can have not too long a journey into the financial district for work.
if there are private schools in this are - could you recommend any plse. and which part of Mississauga would you recommend? do you ever miss home and family/friends. :-(
hi my partner myself and two boys 15 and 11, moved to mississauga in december of last year and we have all settled in really well, the kids love it they have made a lot of new friends. my partner works in toronto, we live on hurontario/qew so he commutes on the qew. Yes i do miss home, canadians dont have the sense of humour that brits have.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Spindacud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sairas
My husband and i and our 2 kids (aged 4 and 7) will be moving to Toronto within a year from London UK and i wondered if you think that Mississauga would be good for us. my girls goes to a private school but i was thinking of us moving into a good area (bit more upmarket) where the state schools are excellent and my husband can have not too long a journey into the financial district for work.
if there are private schools in this are - could you recommend any plse. and which part of Mississauga would you recommend? do you ever miss home and family/friends. :-(
Do I ever miss friends/family? Of course. Do I miss the UK? Not even a little. If you are looking for a more upscale area, I suggest the neighbourhood of Credit Mills as well as the area of Bristol and Creditview Roads - both within walking distance to Streetsville. Lorne Park in south Mississauga is also a great area. Both neighbourhoods have easy access to the GO Train

As for private schools, Mentor College and Sherwood Heights in south Mississauga... Appleby College and Maclachlan College in Oakville.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spindacud
Do I ever miss friends/family? Of course. Do I miss the UK? Not even a little. If you are looking for a more upscale area, I suggest the neighbourhood of Credit Mills as well as the area of Bristol and Creditview Roads - both within walking distance to Streetsville. Lorne Park in south Mississauga is also a great area. Both neighbourhoods have easy access to the GO Train

As for private schools, Mentor College and Sherwood Heights in south Mississauga... Appleby College and Maclachlan College in Oakville.
There's no longer a train halt in Lorne Park so you'd have to drive or take a bus to Port Credit or Clarkson. The neat thing about the bus to Port Credit is that it arrives just after the train leaves; if you're on the train you can see the frustration on the faces of the bus passengers as you pull away.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
There's no longer a train halt in Lorne Park so you'd have to drive or take a bus to Port Credit or Clarkson. The neat thing about the bus to Port Credit is that it arrives just after the train leaves; if you're on the train you can see the frustration on the faces of the bus passengers as you pull away.
LOL - evil bugger