Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

mississauga with children

mississauga with children

Old Sep 25th 2012, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mississauga with children

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I made it up for fun :@)

Why Mississauga? It's ok in a Milton Keynes, the office, kind of way.

If renting then I suppose it don't matter we're you live as you can move about anyhow.
Not the bit I live in. North of QEW agreed, some horrible bits, but not where I am. It's like the nice bits of old Oakville with a shorter commute to TO.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 1:08 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zap0ne
Just out of interest, why is Oakville "Spookyville"?
I wondered about that too. Doesn't seem very spooky from here. As I've said many times on here, I hold no particular candle for Oakville: some bits are so stupidly overpriced it's ridiculous; other bits have so many oversized houses crammed on to tiny lots you'd have to step inside from the backyard to swing the proverbial cat. But it's not too bad overall and there are some lovely people who live here. I can't really see how anyone would be spooked.

I had to look up "Sheridan Homelands," I'd never heard the term. Turns out it's that chunk of western Mississauga between the QEW and Dundas, Erin Mills and Winston Chirchill. Each to their own, I suppose, but from the Google satellite image it appears indistinguishable from all the other subdivisions in the area except that is surrounded on three sides by industrial and commercial lands. Much like most of Oakville (including the part where I live) it's nothing to get excited about but I'm sure makes for a reasonable place to hang your hat.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 5:02 pm
UCanadian

Cepheus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I wondered about that too. Doesn't seem very spooky from here. As I've said many times on here, I hold no particular candle for Oakville: some bits are so stupidly overpriced it's ridiculous; other bits have so many oversized houses crammed on to tiny lots you'd have to step inside from the backyard to swing the proverbial cat. But it's not too bad overall and there are some lovely people who live here. I can't really see how anyone would be spooked.

I had to look up "Sheridan Homelands," I'd never heard the term. Turns out it's that chunk of western Mississauga between the QEW and Dundas, Erin Mills and Winston Chirchill. Each to their own, I suppose, but from the Google satellite image it appears indistinguishable from all the other subdivisions in the area except that is surrounded on three sides by industrial and commercial lands. Much like most of Oakville (including the part where I live) it's nothing to get excited about but I'm sure makes for a reasonable place to hang your hat.
Spooky due to old horror movies/tv shows, they had streets like Oakville.

I prefer Sheridan due to having larger plots and a garden that I can call a garden. Plus the homes don't seem so manufactured. I think the prices are about the same.